Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Experiencing Visual Anomalies with 3 aircraft In SF2.... Requesting help

Dear All,

I've been experiencing visual anomalies with the following aircraft in SF2:

1) Frtn's Rafale M: double cockpit issue even after matching the entries of the seat position and pilot position as well as using the lods intended for SF2

2) The Viper Team's Block 52+ F-16D (Polish Air Force) has a transparent nose in SF2: NA's Iceland terrain but displays normally in all other terrains

3) Stipe's Gripen F: There is a double cockpit and the radar and avionics don't function although the relevant entries are present in the .ini's.

My SF2 Installation is a merged installation of SF2: Vietnam, SF2: Europe, SF2: Israel & SF:2 north Atlantic Updated with the latest patch (July 2013).

Please don't get me wrong: I'm NOT trying to find fault with any of the mods mentioned above... I'm just seeking assistance as to resolve the issues I'm experiencing.

Attaching screenshots below:

Much appreciated. Thanks in advance

post-27662-0-41152600-1404199928_thumb.jpg

post-27662-0-60420600-1404199954_thumb.jpg

post-27662-0-36988500-1404200034_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkyStrike

Would say u that there must be some missing lines in the ini files  considering the games you have.

Transparent - could be a bad install - could be graphics related

whats your system - can you post dxdiag.exe output?

For double cockpit, edit the data.ini file search for the line "ShowFromCockpit=TRUE" and change it in "ShowFromCockpit=FALSE"

For the Rafale if you want to make carrier opérations, edit the data.ini file and at the end of the first section add the line "CarrierBased=TRUE"

Hope it will help you.

Regards

double cockpit, a know issue with converted 1stGen aircraft

we even have a post in our (exceedingly disused) Knowledge Base

http://combatace.com/topic/58372-the-double-cockpit-issue/

the transparent nose issue looks like a decal problem --- too many on that one mesh. check the decals ini and see if there's more than 4 on that mesh.

That, or more likely if you're missing a "fake pilot" add-on, like a modified nose with 'bird slicers'

what avionics dll is listed in the main ini? (jas39.ini). In the avionics ini, are the HUD material statements SF2 compliant?

Dear MiGBuster, Loneman & Wrench,

Thanks for your replies and suggestions provided and I've tried them and  the results are as follows: 

Would say u that there must be some missing lines in the ini files  considering the games you have.

Transparent - could be a bad install - could be graphics related

whats your system - can you post dxdiag.exe output?

@MiGBuster: I thought that the Block 52 Polish F-16's were exclusively meant for SF2 installations.. I too suspected a bad installation, I deleted the Block 52 Polish F-16's downloaded the files afresh, and placed the relevant folders in the relevant sections and still the transparent nose issue exists only for the two seater (F-16D) and that too, only in the Iceland terrain. However the single Seater (F-16C) has no problems whatsoever even in my previous install.. Anyway as requested I've attached a copy of my DXDiag.exe output as a text file in this post.DxDiag.txt

For double cockpit, edit the data.ini file search for the line "ShowFromCockpit=TRUE" and change it in "ShowFromCockpit=FALSE" For the Rafale if you want to make carrier opérations, edit the data.ini file and at the end of the first section add the line "CarrierBased=TRUE" Hope it will help you. Regards

@Loneman: I followed your suggestion by setting the  "ShowFromCockpit" for the fuselage from true to false for both the Gripen F & the Rafale M and the results are more acceptable now.. thanks for the suggestion to make the Rafale M carrier based. it works properly now. Hats off to you, mate!

double cockpit, a know issue with converted 1stGen aircraft

we even have a post in our (exceedingly disused) Knowledge Base

http://combatace.com/topic/58372-the-double-cockpit-issue/

the transparent nose issue looks like a decal problem --- too many on that one mesh. check the decals ini and see if there's more than 4 on that mesh.

That, or more likely if you're missing a "fake pilot" add-on, like a modified nose with 'bird slicers'

what avionics dll is listed in the main ini? (jas39.ini). In the avionics ini, are the HUD material statements SF2 compliant?

@ Wrench: I downloaded The Polish F-16 pack by the Viper team from the SF2 download section.

As you suggested I Checked the decals.ini for each of the skins of the Polish F-16D all of them do not exceed 4. I checked the relevant data.ini file and there's no reference to any fake pilot add-on and bird slicers... 

The avionics dll listed in JAS39F.ini is Avionics70.dll. I guess the HUD statements in the avionics.ini are SF2 compliant 'coz I downloaded it from the SF2 section... Am I missing anything else..

Once again Please note that I'm not trying to find fault & these aren't complaints. Thanks

The avionics dll listed in JAS39F.ini is Avionics70.dll. I guess the HUD statements in the avionics.ini are SF2 compliant 'coz I downloaded it from the SF2 section... Am I missing anything else..

The JAS39F.ini file points to "AvionicsDataFilename=JAS39E_AVIONICS.ini" but the actual file name in the JAS39F folder is "JAS39F_AVIONICS.ini". You need to change the "E" to an "F" in the "AvionicsDataFilename=" entry in the JAS39F.ini file.

The JAS39F.ini file points to "AvionicsDataFilename=JAS39E_AVIONICS.ini" but the actual file name in the JAS39F folder is "JAS39F_AVIONICS.ini". You need to change the "E" to an "F" in the "AvionicsDataFilename=" entry in the JAS39F.ini file.

Thanks, KJakker... After following your suggestions the Gripen F now has functional avionics

Thanks to all who have posted in this topic.. with your help, the double cockpits in the Rafale M & the Gripen F are no longer an issue... The Gripen F now has functional avionics...

Only the the issue with the Polish F-16D Block 52+ remains.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. No hurries though... Thanks

Edited by SkyStrike

Just as a test. Try Xing out the Decals.ini (XXDecals.ini) run the game and see if the Transparent nose still shows up? Then you'll know for sure if its a decal problem.

Just as a test. Try Xing out the Decals.ini (XXDecals.ini) run the game and see if the Transparent nose still shows up? Then you'll know for sure if its a decal problem.

Hi Raven... I tried what you suggested by deleting the decals .ini for all the  Polish F-16D's skin...  no change the nose still remains transparent... 

Edited by SkyStrike

Hi Raven... I tried what you suggested by deleting the decals .ini for all the  Polish F-16D's skin...  no change the nose still remains transparent... 

If that's the case, then the issue is due to the SF2NA default IcelandNA terrain being LOD-based, as opposed to earlier Thirdwire and third-party terrain sets, which are TOD-based.  Nothing you can do about that, as it would then be a 3D model issue.

Block D shows ok for me in NA ...suggest you redownload the model..

1st pic sfe2 using NA terrain,other pics actually in SF2NA

post-1981-0-54923300-1404342582_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-69931900-1404343276_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-02040500-1404343301_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-52758700-1404343307_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Hi Russouk2004,

Already tried re-downloading and the same result... However I tried tweaking the GFX settings and It appeared normal... Screenshot attachedpost-27662-0-72391100-1404374106_thumb.jpg...

Thank you all very much who contributed in this thread, and helping me solve the issues... :)

Edited by SkyStrike