Sign in to follow this  
PFunk

Mysteries of the RWR...

The most the most-advanced RWR units in the series will tell you, is the aircraft type is currently tracking you, or that has locked on to you and is guiding either a beam-rider or semi-active homing missile (SAHM).  

If all is properly (historically) set up, it won't be able to ID some aircraft accurately, because they utilize the same radar type. For example, some MiG-21s and MiG-23s share the same radar unit, as do some early MiG-29s and Su-27s, so it will default to the earliest threat type.

What the RWR will not tell you, is when an Acitive Homing Missile (or AHM) is tracking you.  You will only get a very brief "tickle" when the aircraft that is launching that missile designates you as a target.

ok, I don't want to identify the Aircraft,,that has same family radar,or tell Which type of missile launching on me, but I want the RWR just tell me 1: when the missile Launch on me, and 2:the missile  Of "which side" comes up to me.
my RWR Type is TEWS, and Flying with F-14D that made of by Mirage Factory, and have good RWR.LST, I Attach my RWR.lst files for you, Please Can you Help me how can I make this things possible?

RWR.zip

RWR.zip

Edited by aeenrahimpour

let's try this again...

the game engine does NOT have the capability to register missiles on the RWR. Period

It can only "tell" you an aircraft or ship or ground radar is looking or locked on to you.

In short, yet again, we say "It cannot be done in this game"

Guess I should go back to Nam where it is so much easier moving mud in A-6s and A-7s

• Dislike 1