For the past few days I've been making backups and preparing for some changes which required a complete reset of services. Because of that we had a brief period of being offline this morning, about an hour, while the file system verified OS integrity. We then had a period where files were being audited across our machines, about five hours. Everything is back up and running as it should be with all things accounted for and disks verified. This is in preparation for our physical machines to be relocated to a new data center at the end of the month. Our data center is moving to a new state of the art facility with improved connectivity. We will be offline again toward the end of the month for a couple hours while our machines are physically delivered to the new location. I will update this post when I have an actual time. Thank you for your patience while we searched for cob webs.    :spider:

• Like 1

Are the current employees and their backup strategy also moving into said building?

I'm not privy to that information. Hence the reason I took the time to make sure we are ready to move. If they screw up a graceful shutdown, move, and restart there will be hell to pay. I do have confidence they will be able to handle their own move. My concern prior to that was to actually do a restart to see what normal checks the system would generate and that all devices and services would come back up after restart. I don't restart our machines for any reason they are all handled live and prior to this morning we had 374 days of uptime which corresponds to when I upgraded our machine last year. Prior to that I think we had 981 days of uptime. I hate seeing that counter reset it makes me sad but there are no alternatives.  :cry:

Thanks for everything Erik all those years, your dedication should earn you a Sainthood or something

Our machines will be physically moved late Friday (22nd) / early Saturday (23rd). Everyone should expect us to be offline for a couple hours while this happens.

Everything is complete and all our services restored. The move was a success and the new data center is already strutting it's stuff. That new robust connectivity is impressive.

• Like 1

You do outstanding work to keep this place up and running.

Thank you Erik.