Sign in to follow this  
JDUK

Gunship! on Steam

Don't see it mentioned elsewhere here, but Gunship! has been put up on Steam - for a mere £4.99 in the UK (that's around $7.50 I think).

Also - the old mod sites are still up, so you can still get the stuff if you didn't already have it.

I've had the CD since release - and really liked it back then. I tried it on Win7 H64 and it installed and started okay, but there were some problems that are probably fixed in the Steam version.

About to give it another outing now - hopefully will get TrackIR working okay with the mouselook option, as POV viewing from a cockpit sends me squint... :blink:

• Like 1

Thanks for anouncing this. Will have to give it a go!

Buyer beware...I've heard complaints that nothing was fixed vis a vis the older version, so those with newer OS exercise caution!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Trotski

View File UH-1H HUEY (AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN )
      A TRIBAL GATHERING OF HUEYS
      AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN SKINS

The second set in my collection of UH-1H Hueys, this pack consists of the following nations. Burkina Faso, Imperial Iran both Army and Airforce, Islamic Republic of Iran Army, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Rhodesia, Uganda, Yemen, and finally Zambia. As with my previous upload, of Latin Hueys, everything is contained in this pack to enable you to plug and play , I must also add, as I failed to do so in my last upload, that enclosed are 2 DATA.INI files, one is the vanilla one, the other has the settings to allow the cargo net to be underslung, use one or the other, which ever flavour you prefer 

Hopefully this upload is error free, however should you discover anything that my proof reader has missed please contact me and I will sack the bugger, and repair the damage !! 
      Thanks again to Yakarov79 for the original model of the UH-1H 
      As always, ENJOY 
      Submitter trotski00 Submitted 02/10/2021 Category Other Origin  
    • By Trotski
      A TRIBAL GATHERING OF HUEYS
      AFRICAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN SKINS

The second set in my collection of UH-1H Hueys, this pack consists of the following nations. Burkina Faso, Imperial Iran both Army and Airforce, Islamic Republic of Iran Army, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Rhodesia, Uganda, Yemen, and finally Zambia. As with my previous upload, of Latin Hueys, everything is contained in this pack to enable you to plug and play , I must also add, as I failed to do so in my last upload, that enclosed are 2 DATA.INI files, one is the vanilla one, the other has the settings to allow the cargo net to be underslung, use one or the other, which ever flavour you prefer 

Hopefully this upload is error free, however should you discover anything that my proof reader has missed please contact me and I will sack the bugger, and repair the damage !! 
      Thanks again to Yakarov79 for the original model of the UH-1H 
      As always, ENJOY 
    • By Trotski

View File SF2 Westland Wessex HU 5 (DAT)
      Westland Wessex Hu 5
      Royal Navy skin 

A re work of the skin for the Wessex HU5 , the aircraft is originally from the A-Team site, so you will ( if you want to fly this aircraft ) have to obtain the files and lods from there, 
      This is a complete re do of the whole thing, as I was never happy with the colour, so I have corrected that, I have re drawn all the panels relatively accurately, I haven't bothered with rivet detail as to be honest it doesn't actually show up too well, I have corrected and updated ALL the stencilling, as the original effort was a dogs breakfast to be honest. I have also re done the decals and markings.
      So what is included.........2 skins, one for aircraft from 848 NAS who were the squadron in action during the Falklands operation, and one skin for 845 NAS flying off HMS Bulwark in 1966 during the Brunei and Indonesia debacle. I have included the decals for both Squadrons, and also the pilots that I personally use, although green helmets were more the flavour of the day during the Falklands, so feel free to swap out the pilots if that is your taste.
      A quick note about the shortfalls of these skins, the aircraft I believe was originally done for SF 1 so it is a little aged, therefore there are some clipping issues you may encounter, I am unable to do anything about this, in reality, we could do with a completely new model of this important aircraft, and hopefully one day it will happen !! So pretty much I have made a silk purse from a sows ear here, the aircraft itself. looks a little "off" I am sure there are some dimension errors, it doesn#'t seem tall enough, and it looks a little bit odd from the front view.....but I could of course be wrong, and the thing is perfect, but I doubt it. The stuff we all are getting used to like working lights and hatches......yeah ok.......not happening on this model, and I forgot to make lights work at least....oh well, such is life !! 
      Hopefully I shall do some skins for RAF HC3's next so watch this space for those.

As always, ENJOY !! 
      Submitter trotski00 Submitted 03/08/2020 Category Other  
    • By Trotski
      Westland Wessex Hu 5
      Royal Navy skin 

A re work of the skin for the Wessex HU5 , the aircraft is originally from the A-Team site, so you will ( if you want to fly this aircraft ) have to obtain the files and lods from there, 
      This is a complete re do of the whole thing, as I was never happy with the colour, so I have corrected that, I have re drawn all the panels relatively accurately, I haven't bothered with rivet detail as to be honest it doesn't actually show up too well, I have corrected and updated ALL the stencilling, as the original effort was a dogs breakfast to be honest. I have also re done the decals and markings.
      So what is included.........2 skins, one for aircraft from 848 NAS who were the squadron in action during the Falklands operation, and one skin for 845 NAS flying off HMS Bulwark in 1966 during the Brunei and Indonesia debacle. I have included the decals for both Squadrons, and also the pilots that I personally use, although green helmets were more the flavour of the day during the Falklands, so feel free to swap out the pilots if that is your taste.
      A quick note about the shortfalls of these skins, the aircraft I believe was originally done for SF 1 so it is a little aged, therefore there are some clipping issues you may encounter, I am unable to do anything about this, in reality, we could do with a completely new model of this important aircraft, and hopefully one day it will happen !! So pretty much I have made a silk purse from a sows ear here, the aircraft itself. looks a little "off" I am sure there are some dimension errors, it doesn#'t seem tall enough, and it looks a little bit odd from the front view.....but I could of course be wrong, and the thing is perfect, but I doubt it. The stuff we all are getting used to like working lights and hatches......yeah ok.......not happening on this model, and I forgot to make lights work at least....oh well, such is life !! 
      Hopefully I shall do some skins for RAF HC3's next so watch this space for those.

As always, ENJOY !! 
    • By MigBuster
           DCS World Helicopter Autumn Sale Pack
      Starting September 5th, 2018 and lasting until September 30th, 2018, we are offering all four DCS World helicopters for just $69.99! Normally a $199.96 value; this is a 65% saving on each helicopter. DCS World offers some of the most realistic helicopter simulations available on the PC, and nothing compares to the helicopter combat environment that DCS World offers.
      For new DCS World helicopter players, this is a rare opportunity not to miss. Find here on September 5th, 2018:
      E-Shop Special Offers
      DCS: UH-1H Huey DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark DCS: SA342 Gazelle DCS World 2.5 Release Version Update 9
      This week we moved the DCS World Open Beta to the DCS World Release version. Some of the more noteworthy changes include:
      Several more modules have been moved to the keyless protection system. These include the NTTR and Normandy maps, WWII Assets Pack, Spitfire, Su-33, AJS-37 Viggen, and the M-2000C. These modules are now tied to users accounts rather than keys Many new Hornet additions to include preliminary AIM-9X, AIM-120 active and time-to-go timers, AIM-120 VISUAL mode and AIM-7 LOFT mode, EW page symbols, EW HUD, EW Offset, increased of ICLS needles size, and eliminated deck sliding after landing Many new AJS-37 Viggen changes like corrected mirror reflections, adjusted normal maps, fixes to the SPA mode, custom cartridge settings, and othersMany new AJS-37 Viggen changes like corrected mirror reflections, adjusted normal maps, fixes to the SPA mode, custom cartridge settings, and others Yak-52 changes include corrected textures for the 3-bladed prop, hide stick option added, too tip improvements, primer animation corrected, and more In our next Open Beta update, we’ll be addressing several items that include the AGM-56E for the AV-8B CTD and AIM-9X persistent search tone.
      F-15C: Aggressors BFM Campaign on Steam
      Purchase from: STEAM Store F-15C: Aggressors BFM Campaign
      The F-15C Aggressors BFM campaign puts you in the cockpit of an F-15C Eagle as a new Aggressor pilot with the 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base.
      Based on real world procedures, you will fly as "Red Air" against "Blue Air" forces. Upon arrival you will fly a familiarization flight around the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). Then you will face a series of challenging Basic Fighter Maneuver (BFM) missions against similar and dis-similar aircraft.
      Your opponents include the F-4E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, MiG-29G, CF-188 and MiG-21.
      Additionally, there are 10 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics, techniques and procedures.
      There are over 1,000 voice-overs and over 45 pages of briefing material including the F-15C Amplified Checklist, RED FLAG Spins, Red Forces In Flight Guide, Maps, Diagrams, Custom Kneeboards and Mission Data cards.
      DCS World War II Update
      An important aspect DCS World War II is the addition of additional player-controlled and AI aircraft. Some of these include the P-47D, Mosquito, A-20, C-47, Fw 190 A-8, and Ju-88. All of these are various stages of development, and they will serve a vital role in fleshing out the DCS World II experience in concert with the new damage modelling, new World War II era maps, and dogfight AI. As each of these elements progress to the point we’re ready to introduce in DCS World, we’ll be talking about them much, much more.
      Today we’d like to show off some of the P-47D skins we are working on, as well as the Mosquito.
      Sincerely,
      The Eagle Dynamics Team

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..