Sign in to follow this  
csb

Desert Terrain V4

I have SF2 July 2013 clean install. I installed Piecemeal's Desert 4 terrain as per the readme. However I had to change the name of the terrain folder to Desert (delete V4 from the name) to get it to be used by the game. Could this be due to not have SF:NA installed as recommended.

My main problem is that I tried to install the Desert 4 Mountain Regions + addons, by Centurion1 BUT I cannot get the game to use it. I have tried some basic editing of options ini - including with the terrain folder being named Desert & Desert4.

I would prefer not having SF:NA installed - already have 3 titles and play SF2 90% of the time.

Any help would be great.

First of all; for the life of me I can't understand why you changed the terrain name to "Desert". :dntknw:

It was called DESERT4 for a reason, and it's because you changed the terrain name that it won't work. The mod in question was tailored for a terrain called "DESERT4".

My advice would be to re-install the terrain and leave the terrain name as it is. You should have less problems then. As the old saying goes; some things are best left as they are.

A simple "Why did you change the folder name?'' type of reply would have been more appropriate not your flabbergasted amazement.

I changed the name because SF2 would not use the terrain when I left the name as Desert4 (this was implied in my initial statement but probably I should have been more specific). SF2 will only use Piecemeal's terrain when the folder's named is changed to DESERT - but then it will not use the Moutain Region addon.

I have deleted and reinstalled but not success.

My install of SF2 was just recently downloaded from TW site so is up-to-date. The only edits have been to huddata & viewlist ini's (no addons or other mods at all).

So any help would still be appreciated Piecemeal.

Does anybody else playing SF2, without SF:AN installed, use this terrain (with or without the Mountain addon)?

Edited by csb

Apologies for sounding a little sharp. My wife complains about that sometimes as well! :blush:

I've just tried out Desert 4 on a clean install without any problems. Got to the OPTIONS.ini file, then scroll down to the bottom.

[Mods]
ModsEnabled=TRUE
<- - - - - - - - - make sure that it says true.

The only other option I can offer is to go to the main DESERT4.ini folder and delete this line: NavalMap=TRUE.

This may or may not work for you. I'm just guessing here, since you don't have SF2NA.

Thanks Piecemeal. Mods was true and deleting the naval line did not help.

Any other suggestions?

AND does anyone run Desert 4 with the mountains addon but without SF2:NA?

Edited by csb