Does anybody know when the new patch is being released.

And what system requirements the new graphics engine will need.

Does anybody know when the new patch is being released.

And what system requirements the new graphics engine will need.

It's been hinted at to start looking Friday at the "earliest" as 1c is really putting a sound effort into this....As to system requirements it's not the graphics engine, it's the BoB Flight models and such for both live and AI. Though I don't "know", my guess is those who will have trouble with it on their PCs are probably those "struggling" or on the verge of it now.

So say Tom with a minimum requirement PC of say a PII/III or AMD 1 gig, with say 256-512 mb of ram, and a 64mb vid card will deffinately see the hit. Wherein Jack with a p4 2.5ghz 533fsb, 1mb ram, 128 card might find it barely noticable.

This is all a guess, I'd not even sweat it till it's out and some player and their pc comparisons can be made.....You have to remember too, it's most often not so much the PC, but how you have it set up.

I myself have a P4 2.53ghz, 533fsb, Intel server MB, 1gig pc3200 ddr ram, GEF ti4200 8x 128mb, and TBSC sound, Cable conn. at 1.5 dl, and can't recall up.......Running XP home. I had massive problems running the sim, Offline it was impossible to play, online difficult, and could host at best 6-8. Yet after tweaking a number of worthless programs "for me" to not run in the background, insuring AV and firewalls plus 3rd party programs were not hooking up to the net every 30 seconds checking for updates and such..........Suddenly offline I have no problems, online is excellent and can host up to 24 with NO lag for anyone....Might even try hosting 30.

Now, that said last night I was doing some checking, and with a number of things off I only had 650mb of ram available......So it looks like there is more I can do still, plus the one biggie so many here forget to do is "defrag" consistantly. That will make a huge difference.

Also, I have IL2 on it's "own" partition......I can't tell you how many I know who have these huge hard drives not partitioned, and then wonder why it takes the PC forever to find and run stuff. I don't run 200gb hard drives, but have 6 80gb all extra fast.....Each of those drives broken up into 1 40gb, and 2 20gb sub partitions.

Il2 I run on a smaller 20gb partition and I really max out my virtual memory. Some will say it makes no difference.......Don't believe them, I saw it for myself.

So defrag, shut down the excess crap, stop programs from sending your info all over the net, turn off messenger programs when you play, and then make sure none of it is hiding in the background waiting. You'll see a significant boost in performance.

I'd not sweat the change, just wait and see.....a week will change nothing in what you discover you need to do to deal with it.

If you are running PF 3.XX decently you should be ok. From what I gather there might be a 2-5 fps hit.. which isnt much..... If you do what Billfish said it will help tremendously. Do the dfrag and spyware scan on a regular basis too..it helps.

I'm hoping for tomorrow myself, can't wait for the new fm to try out. Taking off and landing ought to be a lot more fun then. :)

Well all i know is that ive seen a 4.0 beta test server on hyperlobby so its close.

& billfish is right partioning is the way to go. :biggrin:

mrbuglord-myheader1.jpg

Edited by buglord

Well, got to say as I've had the take off and landings sorted for a while now, I'm really interested to see if the new fm is going to make it radicaly different!

Anyone managed to glean any info on just what the changes will be?

Regards....Dave S

I think I should be ok then,

I'm Running a 2600+ AMD XP processor with 1 Gig of Ram & XFX6800GT 8 X AGP graphics card with a 120 Gig ATA133 Hard Drive.

Thanks Chaps :clapping:

Which Friday would that be?

This coming one or some other one in the distant future?

It's been hinted at to start looking Friday at the "earliest"........

:dry:

Edited by Billfish

Hmmm. Yes. Patch :)

I myself am very excited about it.. but I do not expect patch so 'very soon'.. I'd say from monday the 2nd -- on; to be the realistic date. Anything before that and I will be nice surprised :biggrin::ninja:

It looks like we will be waiting a little longer now.

What with Oleg being involved in a car crash.

Lets hope he makes a speedy recovery.

All the best Oleg get well soon.

I myself have a P4 2.53ghz, 533fsb, Intel server MB, 1gig pc3200 ddr ram, GEF ti4200 8x 128mb, and TBSC sound, Cable conn. at 1.5 dl, and can't recall up.......Running XP home.  I had massive problems running the sim, Offline it was impossible to play, online difficult, and could host at best 6-8.  Yet after tweaking a number of worthless programs "for me" to not run in the background, insuring AV and firewalls plus 3rd party programs were not hooking up to the net every 30 seconds checking for updates and such..........Suddenly offline I have no problems, online is excellent and can host up to 24 with NO lag for anyone....Might even try hosting 30.

so is "Billfish" a play off of the movie "Swordfish"??? :shok:

anyways you can "automate" the unused services shutdown - check out a prog called FSAutoStart written by Ken Salter

from the read me

[I]FSAutoStart allows the user the ability to automatically shutdown services and programs to provide as much resources to running today?s most demanding applications. It also provides the ability to launch selected programs before the application is launched. Lastly, it can automatically restart those programs and services previously shutdown, thus bringing the computer back to its original state. It also adds some performance enhancing options like Defragment Memory.[/i]