dast24

Fulcrums for the Marineflieger

still in concept phase

i´m not sure about a proper carrier for the german navy

MFG-1 is used because i like the "stuka chicken" in there logo^^

skin work done bei logan4

img00013dnk7b.jpg

• Like 4

No need for a carrier I think, they can cover the German sea from bases on shore, just like they did with the F104. BTW I like the idea.

But the idea with the carrier would be great. Perhaps a german version of the Charles de Gaulle with the Name "Seeadler".

• Like 1

@Spinner: thx

@Gepard: hmmm, sounds good

maybe i will add some other planes but the only one i can think of is a navy F-4F or so.

Edited by dast24

A Rafale M for the Marineflieger or a Eurofighter?

If the germans had a carrier in the 70's maybe a f-11 tiger.....

if i remember correctly we already have a pretty good what if A-4 for the German Navy.

i think this one would fit pretty well.

in regards of the carrier:

german Charles de Gaulle would be nice but there is no model without the parked rafales :-(

a german build carrier, relativly small like the Ark Royal, would be nice, but i would prefer atleast 2 catapults.

or a bit larger carrier with french and german crew as cooperation project

@Stratos: yeah the germans should be able to protect there coasts from landbases, but if you go with that logic UK, USA, etc could do that also :-D

Edited by dast24

An other idea would be that the Ukraine could have sold the unfinished Varyag to Germany instead to China. The Varyag rebuilt got the project name "Ändschi Em" and was finished in a german Shipyard. After the win of the football worldcup it was christened into "Jogi Löw".

Edited by Gepard

hmmm nice idea for a name, but i think i will stick to "graf zeppelin" or a Chancellor name or so

Yeah, my name proposals were a joke. But Graf Zeppelin sounds to much like Kriegsmarine, that would not fir. But if you want a chancellors name, then Helmut Schmidt. Its the only one with maritime roots as old Hamburger Jung. Or really Ändschi from MeckPom.

nooo nix ändschi :-D

found carrier, i would really like to add the A-4FG. it works  on the carrier but it is not shown on the parked positions

any guess what the problem could be ? the stock A-4´s are shown

as AWACS i think the E-2C would fit pretty well.

img00018xaiwv.jpg

img00020dwfk6.jpg

Edited by dast24

@Stratos: yeah the germans should be able to protect there coasts from landbases, but if you go with that logic UK, USA, etc could do that also :-D

Well Germany does not have to protect huge oceanic coasts, but a tiny sea on the east, and a 140 km coast in the west. No archipelagos to protect either so not sure about the need of a caircraft carrier for Germany. BUT this is a what if forum, so go ahead!!

Very nice project! I myself toyed a lot with the idea of a German carrier, and now that I have returned to SF and even have NA, I will enjoy this.

I must admit I'd prefer a Cold War carrier with jump jets (VAK 191 anyone?), but ok... :)

Well Germany does not have to protect huge oceanic coasts, but a tiny sea on the east, and a 140 km coast in the west. No archipelagos to protect either so not sure about the need of a caircraft carrier for Germany. BUT this is a what if forum, so go ahead!!

The Fulcrums indicate it is a post-Cold War project, and obviously Germany needs to project power across the seas in the new world order. The real Germany wisely refrains from projecting power in such an expensive and aggressive way, but it is not a totally absurd idea.

In the Cold War of course there is no reason for a German carrier, even though I am trying hard to come up with some... :biggrin:

i set the start date for the carrier to 1970. so your a-4 can operate from it :-)

How about adding Marineflieger Sea Tornadoes (i.e. carrier capable Tornado IDS and ECR) to the airwing for strike, electronic warfare and defence suppression missions? They could also carry buddy refuelling pods to act as tankers for other Sea Tornadoes and Fulcrums.

How about these as complement?

AV-8G Harrier II - Marinefliegergeschwader 2, 1996

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

For a reason I quite don't understand, I can't equip the Kormorans. That's why it had to be Harpoons.

• Like 4

i set the start date for the carrier to 1970. so your a-4 can operate from it :-)

Nice! On next weekend I will try another 70ies Marineflieger myself.

How about these as complement?

AV-8G Harrier II - Marinefliegergeschwader 2, 1996

Yep, Harriers would be cool, even though 1996 is too modern for my tastes. (But that is my problem! :biggrin: )

However I would recommend going for the Norm 87, if the Harrier is not primarily used as fighter. The Tornados had this scheme until going to the Luftwaffe.

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/schemes/n87_e.htm

The all-grey navy paintjob only came in recently, 2005, iirc.

Edited by PraetorH

However I would recommend going for the Norm 87, if the Harrier is not primarily used as fighter. The Tornados had this scheme until going to the Luftwaffe.

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/schemes/n87_e.htm

The all-grey navy paintjob only came in recently, 2005, iirc.

Shan't be a problem. Gimme some time. :smile: