Sign in to follow this  
LZ43

Problems with flyable Zeppelin L 32

Hello. I downloaded and installed the flyable AI Airships R 23 and L 32. by ojcar (models and skins by Stephen1918)

http://combatace.com/files/file/13909-ai-flyable-rigid-airships/

But I only can select the R 23. I can't see L32 in the Aircraft selection. But I put both Airships in the aircraft folder. R 23 works fine for me, but what is with L 32? How I can fix that?

Please help me.

PS: Sorry for my english., I am German.

Edited by LZ43

Greetings, LZ43

Both should work fine, if installed correctly.

Check your service dates. The L32 was available 8/1914-11/1918.

The R23 not until 8/1917.

Both should have a "FokkerD7_Cockpit.ini" file in their folder, and have it called in their respective .ini files

["Zeppelin32.ini" and "AirshipR23.ini"].

Both should have 3 .lod files [x.lod, xlow.lod, and xlowest.lod]. And a folder for their textures. 

The dates on the files I have (except the cockpit.ini) are all in the March 2013 range, except their respective xData.ini (which I always change, for various reasons). Yours should be similar.

If not, try re-downloading.

DARoot

Okay. But I want to use L32 in Single Mission. There is non date what I can change. And what I must do to play the two airships in the Campaign?

Well, if you look at the file name, you read "AI flyable airships", so the airships are AI flyable only. You can't fly them. They have not cockpit. You have the german airship in both Armchair Aces and in Forgotten heroes campaigns, but you can't fly them.

The ships are flyable. Look at the link in my first post.

I have fixed the Problem, now I can use L 32. The cockpit file and a parameter in the file "ZeppelinL32" was missing. But Now I have n new problem. The elevator dowsnt work on both Airships. On all other Aircraft it works perfectly and on the fictional Airship L 63 it work too. But with the R 23 and L 32 I can't fly up and down. But I can turn right and left. I use the Saitek Cyborg Evo-Joystick

Well, as I said before, both airships were AI-flyable made......but I needed to test them. It seem that I forgot to delete the cockpit call in the R 23. Nevertheless I can update the files, because I'm not very happy with the FMs. Wait a little, please....

In campaign you'll have a problem. Zeppelin units in campaign are one airship only and I put them basically as targets. If you want to fly it in campaign, the campaign does't start, because your unit have only an aircraft. If you add more zeppelins to your unit, they'll fly in close formations and looking totally stupid...and enemy fighters will go the kamikaze way against you, so....

The file has been updated with:

-Better FMs

-They are player flyable now....but use them at your own risk.