Sign in to follow this  
theultimat

WOFF Manager and flying time

Hi guys, hope you're all doing well.

After a few weeks off I had the time to take my DiD pilot up for another (rather uneventful) sortie. It was a long reconnaissance flight which took about 2 hours to complete. However, after landing and ending the mission, the manager told me I had only been flying for 57 minutes. I'm not sure what this bug is or why it happens, but it may be worth noting that I had a 10 minute interruption during which I had to pause the sim; I vauguely remember this causing the OFF manager to mess up flight times, but I could be mistaken. If anyone knows of a way to stop this from happening, or why it happens in the first place, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

That is a known thing in OFF and also WOFF, ulti.

It seems the time cannot be counted throughout the flight, when you pause the sim -

even if it's only for a short screenshot.

You could use a clock.

In the new DiD Campaign, we must live with the times we get - wrong or right.

It's also possible that the use of 'time compression' affects the time of a sortie - always downwards. 

Hey, theultimat are you going to join in on the DID campaign again?  We miss you. :blink:

@Olham: It just seems strange honestly, considering when you press "Z" to bring up all that information, you can see the time. Why doesn't the manager query the time the player leaves the floor, and again the moment they touch back down, then work out the difference? I would guess it's because WOFF uses an attached dll, and perhaps therefore cannot get at this information, but even then you could maybe use the computer's time, and record when the keys used to pause or accelerate the sim, then factor these into account when getting the difference as previously stated.

@JimAttrill: I do plan on flying more, it just takes up a lot of time for me, as I don't want to use the time compression.

I guess it is one of the old hard-coded CFS3 things - otherwise they would have solved it.

Did you ever observe, if the flight time remains alright in the "Z" text, even when you pause?

In the stock CFS3, if you pause the sim the so called "ZULU TIME" also pauses, then resumes as normal when you unpause. I can't test this in WOFF at the moment, but I would imagine it would be the same as in CFS3.