Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Georges Guynemer - Knight of the Air - read the book online

So many books, so little time.

Indeed - and in addition to the lack of time, I am not too often in the right mood for the reading of a book about war.

Last one I finished - and every page was worth the read - was Otto Fuchs' "Wir Flieger".

Next on the list are a re-start with McCudden's "Flying Fury" and Raymond Colishaw's "The Black Flight", which our good Typhoon sent to me.

Myself, I do not like reading books online - I need the real thing in hands.

I'm an old fashioned romantic there.

But thanks for the reminder - I might make exceptions.

So I would like to read about the French flyers Garros and Navarre.

Do you remember any titles about them, which are in your large online collection?

Myself, I do not like reading books online - I need the real thing in hands.

I'm an old fashioned romantic there.

I agree. Worse yet, I find that I don't remember what I read online nearly as much as I do with a physical book.

Absolutely the same here. I memorise real things better than virtual stuff.

+1 me too also, virtual reading sticks not so good in the ol' noggin.

I am a constant reader, just pick something up and read it, doesn't really matter what it is.  Anyhoo, my wife got a Nook for me about 5 years ago or so.  I don't think I have read a conventional book since then.  A lot of the books available for download you can load onto "e-readers" and you can have them at your fingertips anytime you want to read them.  I have a bunch of aviation books downloaded and they are available whenever I desire, however I love mysteries and fictions so I haven't really read them.  I usually read free stuff, very rarely buy an e-book, but then again it meets my reading habits.  I like to read new authors, for the new point of view or twist on an old plot.  

So I guess what I meant to say is, I don't read books on the computer but do on e-readers.

Beard