Sign in to follow this  
deanklef

white spaces ?

Hi,

Is there any way to fix the blank white terrain spaces that come and go while in the game? they seem possibly to be sound related.

Thanks,

deanklef

White spaces? Can you post a picture of it?

I have tried to take screenshot but no luck. I'm running in windows 7.

I will try again.

deanklef

I think what I am seeing is a white flickering or flittering that is to fast for screenshots.

deanklef

had a new event today, this happens and crashes the game [see below.

post-52618-0-33665600-1409007599_thumb.jpg

deanklef

Weird, never saw that in any Third Wire sim. Graphics card overheating maybe? Does your card play other demanding apps (reasonably modern games) ok? Are drivers up-to-date? Maybe re-install DirectX in case that's the problem

If all else fails maybe download FE2 over again, uninstall and re-install the new d/l. Does look more like a graphics card issue tho, rather than a problem with the sim.

I don't know what the problem is , but I will try to reinstall FE2.I don't have a problem with any of the other 3rd wire games , so its probably in FE2.

Thanks for the help LIMA33,

Deanklef

I've never seen the problem that you posted on Aug 25, but I have seen flickering tiles sometimes. The flickering is a memory issue, and (for me) it usually happens along a river or coast line. Set the graphics mode to a lower setting and see if that helps.

I had artifacts similar to above, Graphics card memory overload due to too big of textures when, say 16 of the same aircraft are rendered with 5+ textures each at 4096x4096., but I'm only running 1Gig of video memory in XP. Game set on high.