Sign in to follow this  
pieisgood

Problem Re-installing SF2

So a few days I accidentally and stupidly deleted my saved games folder that contained all of my SF2 mod folders. I uninstalled the main game and reinstalled them, but the folders that appear in my new savedgames/thirdwire folder aren't containing the usual folders. Both SF2 Europe and Vietnam only have a folder named screenshots, while north atlantic has controls, missions, objects, pilot data and screenshots. Does anybody know what is going on here? Just to be clear, the stock games are functioning properly, its just the mod folders that are not doing what they should. Any help would be appreciated, it really sucks to be grounded.

have you run all the exes for the various games? Have you then played the game?

If the mods folders have been deleted, they'll all need to be rebuilt. That means running each of the games

and of course, then checking in the /SavedGames folder to make sure the stuff comes back

Thanks for that tip, I never would have thought about that. Now all 3 folders have Controls, Missions, Objects, PilotData, and Screenshots folders; as well as the Options and Version ini's. Is that all that is supposed to be there once all the games have been run?

Yes. Anything else needs to be added by the user.