Sign in to follow this  
saisran

In game Screen Resolution

Hi guys. Just wondering at what sort of screen resolution or aspect ratio are you playing at.  My laptop has a standard Resolution of 1366 X 768 and since i project my screen on a Flat panel TV through an HDMI Cable i can select 1920 X1080. Choosing 1366 and 1920 render the game quite nicely as everything looks so smooth. The problem with the high settings is that the in game screen is cropped, I can correct this however by using 1280 X 768 Resolution but it doesn't seem to look as nice.

Is there a way to select a higher resolution without cropping the screens? Thanks

Chances are it's the "scale" setting on your TV/flat screen that needs adjusting. Make sure it's at 1:1 or Full (depending on it's make) rather than Auto as the Auto mode will clip when passing through a 1080p signal from a laptop. I had exactly this issue on a Toshiba TV and forcing it to "Full" cured it.

Chances are it's the "scale" setting on your TV/flat screen that needs adjusting. Make sure it's at 1:1 or Full (depending on it's make) rather than Auto as the Auto mode will clip when passing through a 1080p signal from a laptop. I had exactly this issue on a Toshiba TV and forcing it to "Full" cured it.

Cool. Will try that out. Thanks.

I had similar problem on a 4k 40"samsung  tv.......I thought it was game aspect ratio not allowing size I wanted ...but it was tv...I use the game setting on input and set it to auto and it was cropped,but set it to native and it was fine,I could choose higher res.

btw hdmi is a must ...

Edited by russouk2004

It depends on the television and the graphics card.  In my case, I have to set my card to an overscan setting in order to fill the screen at 1080P.