G'Day All,

This post has been a long time coming, but I thought it was appropriate in the wake of the 60th anniversary of the Hercules' first flight.

I am in the process of upgrading all my Hercules models to one standard. Having a critical look at what was my very first 3d model (originally built over 8 years ago), I was not impressed. Basically 95% of the model will be replaced by a high poly version with additional detail and animations. Where possible, I will be using the same texture mapping positions but unfortunately to get the full benefit of the new model, new skins will need to be made...sorry to everyone who has worked hard on their C-130 skins. The good news is that I will be releasing the Photoshop templates also, so the extra work shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, below are some comparison pics with the before shot on the left (2006 model) and after on the right (2014 model). I plan to upload more comparison shots and eventually in game shots as I go.

Dels

Tail section:

post-2240-0-72289400-1409652718_thumb.jpg

post-2240-0-34810300-1409652714_thumb.jpg

Wing box:

post-2240-0-45487600-1409652743_thumb.jpg

Wingtip:

post-2240-0-61824600-1409652748_thumb.jpg

Flaps:

post-2240-0-15367000-1409652724_thumb.jpg

C-130E/H Engine:

post-2240-0-21748300-1409652730_thumb.jpg

C-130J Engine:

post-2240-0-23872800-1409652736_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Awesome. Looking forward to the templates (and postponing the upgrade i was gonna do). Some suggestions

SKE dome post 72 (not all had it, but enough to make it missed)

No chaff/flare dispenser until late 90s

Early cockpit, or at least earlier than the one in current use.

A side door, and the ability to load 64 paratroopers for that one way trip

A Roman nose would be nice, but i know your feelings on that. still mention it in hopes you change you mind

And finally, pm me the templates lol. Euro 1, other NATO users, and that desert scheme the USAF put on a few birds. Zippers/Hunters/Vipers are fun, but the Hercs keep the campaigns supplied!

...yes ....if you want help please tell me ......

...and will be nic to built ..a model ....early C-130H ....with a 2 small windows front in the nose for the cockpit and not one ....???

,maybe a pilot down door ...??

..and a cockpit ....with instrument's.......???

I am here...anything you need

Looking good.

Any plans for the AC/130?

Its an outstanding work mate!!!! Made all the models than you can!!!! Yes Sir!!!!

If you need any high res material for the J version (inside/outside) let me know and I'll get snapping away! My job does occasionally have it's advantages :lol:

Fantastic Dels, know this one will be worth waiting for...!  :biggrin:

Love ya :hi:

Any plans for the early 3 bladed versions? 

Yes, I will upload a list of all additions and the versions I'm building later but the C-130A is on there.

Dels

Edited by Dels
  • Like 1

suprising what you see on older models eh dels m8...when I redid p47,and some of the work im doing now,I think...man ive learnt a lot since the older models...they look so primitive,compared to what Im able to make these days lol...its not how you create a mesh,its more of how you use it...I find that I can make same shape,but better but using not much more in poly count etc...Ie found more ways to do one thing in max which is much more than my early day lol...

good start btw...looks far better..

no one is more critical of a model,than its creator...I know that for sure ...

• Like 1

Here's the list of additional (i.e. in addition to updating the existing parts of the model) details that I am including in the update:

Engines:

Exhaust/Intake

Oil cooler

Animated oil cooler flaps

Drain mast

Fuselage:

Animated crew entrance door and handle (ground animation)

Complete flight deck connected to the crew entrance and cargo compartment

Paratroop doors and deflectors (separate animation to ramp and door)

External lights and covers (Taxi, IR, Nav and Strobes)

Refuel probe (for applicable models)

Windscreen wipers

Tail strike indicators

Wing:

Flap bay ribs and guides

Fuel dump masts

External lights and covers (Landing, Taxi, IR and Nav)

External tanks included as part of 3d model <- Added 18Sep14

This is a list of all the models I will be releasing (at this stage):

C-130A roman nose (USAF silver)

C-130A (RAAF silver)

AC-130A (USAF SEA)

C-130B (USAF SEA)

C-130E (RAAF grey)

C-130E (USAF SEA) <- Added 04Sep14

C-130E ASE* (USAF grey)

C-130H2 (RAAF camo)

C-130H2 ASE* (RAAF camo and grey)

EC-130H (USAF grey)

C-130K (2 x RAF Camo) <- Added 03Feb17

C-130K ASE* (RAF Camo and Green) <- Added 03Feb17

C-130K-30 (2 x RAF Camo) <- Changed 03Feb17

C-130K-30 ASE* (RAF Camo and Green) <- Added 03Feb17

CC-130H SAR Paradoors (RCAF Grey) <- Added 03Feb17

C-130H3 ASE* (USAF grey)

KC-130T ASE* (USMC grey)

AC-130U ASE* (USAF grey)

C-130J ASE* with and without refuel probe (fictional RAAF grey x 2)

C-130J-30 ASE* with and without refuel probe (RAAF grey x 2)

KC-130J ASE* (USMC grey)

MC-130J ASE* (USAF grey)

AC-130J ASE* (fictional RAAF grey)

*ASE - Aircraft Self Protection Equipment

Dels

Edited by Dels
  • Like 6

My name is Dave and I approve of this upgrade! :lol:

• Like 1

My nickname is Stary and I also approve

My name is daddyairplanes, and i'm an alcohlic.

Oh wait wrong group. I too approve.

• Like 2

As the C-130 has been produced in so many variants and for so many countries, my plan is that once the models are complete and the templates are out there, I will produce specific additional models at people's request.

So for example:

You want a RAF C-130K but aren't happy using the C-130H2 model because it doesn't have a refuel probe.

You make the skin from the C-130H template.

I add the refuel probe (and anything else you're particularly attached to)

I will release it with full credit to you for the skin.

If one of my updated models fits your purpose, you can release the skin on your own. <- Yes this is permission to do that in the future, no need to ask.

Finally, I am also planning on building a C-130H-30 so if someone wants to volunteer to paint it, I will send them the templates earlier so it can be included in the final release.

Dels

.....yes my name is   Ace......from the ace's ...in ...ww i     ......war.....like red baron........and   YES .......I aprove.....~!!!!!!1

Also dels.....i want to make the skin ...for the Greek C-130H     (and c-130B euro)      with a cockpit with analog instrument's......and later with FDP...screens.....i you want....

.....yes my name is   Ace......from the ace's ...in ...ww i     ......war.....like red baron........and   YES .......I aprove.....~!!!!!!1

Also dels.....i want to make the skin ...for the Greek C-130H     (and c-130B euro)      with a cockpit with analog instrument's......and later with FDP...screens.....i you want....

Acesfakia,

From my quick research, the C-130H2 and C-130B models will suit for the Hellenic Air Force Hercs so you will be able to release the skins as a package after I've released the templates.

As for the cockpit...

Once the package for the aircraft is finally complete and released I will be going back to upgrade the C-130J cockpit. This will be released separately later.

Once that is done, depending on my workload at that time, I may consider building a 1960's era cockpit for use in the early C-130s. I don't make any promises as cockpits (especially ones with lots of instruments) are a PITA to build and I will need a lot of motivation to do it.

Dels

• Like 3

"My name is daddyairplanes, and i'm an alcohlic.  Oh wait wrong group. I too approve."   rofl.gif.pagespeed.ce.ZE_kxArrNL.gif 

Dels, this is going to be awesome - I always find myself surprised by how much I love to fly these big birds on various missions...I'll PM you on some related C-130 stuff that could help and really looking forward to this release!

hmmm...only thing is....3ds max 2013 model...but can be exported as fbx file...if you want this dels...let me know,will find the creators name for credit...if you use it. made by.....Jason Ohonowskyj

post-1981-0-41462600-1409947945_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-02027700-1409947950_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 5