Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Latest DCS Newsletter Touches on everything, even F/A-18C

While I don't really see any new information, it does cover a lot of ground with some new pics and info about long term projects.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2165343#post2165343

Dear Pilots!

Summer 2014 is certainly proving to be a very busy and productive time for Eagle Dynamics and our 3rd Party Partners, as you may have noticed. In this September Newsletter, we would like to update you on some of our current projects but also some others that are currently in development. There are a lot of changes and improvements to DCS World underway that we believe will bring DCS to its next stage of evolution.

DCS Autumn Sale is On! Massive Savings!

From September 4th to September 16th, we will be running our Autumn DCS Sale. We hope you will use these great deals to fill out your stable of DCS modules.

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)
DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)
DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $15.99 (60% off)
DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $7.99 (60% off)
DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $24.99 (60% off)
DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $11.99 (60% off)
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $24.99 (50% off)
F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $4.99 (50% off)
A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $4.99 (50% off)
Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $4.99 (50% off)
DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $39.99 (20% off)
DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $39.99 (20% off)

Buy now from the DCS E-Shop: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

Bf109.jpg

Pre-purchase DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst!

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst is now available as a pre-purchase from the DCS E-Shop. The pre-purchase provides both a 20% discount off the retail price and access to the Open Beta coming later this year.

Like previous DCS World titles, DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst features a painstakingly reproduced model of the aircraft, including the external model, fully interactive cockpit, mechanical systems, and a Professional Flight Model (PFM). Along the lines of our DCS: P-51D Mustang and DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora titles, DCS: Bf 109K-4 Kurfürst places you behind the controls of a powerful, propeller-driven, piston engine combat aircraft. Designed long before "fly-by-wire" technology was available to assist the pilot in flight control or smart bombs and beyond visual range missiles were developed to engage targets with precision from afar, the Kurfürst is a personal and exhilarating challenge to master. Powerful and deadly, the last production model of the only single-engined German fighter to see service throughout World War II, the Kurfürst provides an exhilarating combat experience to its drivers, and a worthy challenge to all fans of DCS: P-51D Mustang.

Key Features of the DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst:
  • Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.
  • Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
  • Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
  • Accurate Bf 109 K-4 model, squadron markings, and weapons.
  • Detailed modelling the Bf 109 K-4 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.
  • Fly along with fellow DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Doras as you battle DCS: P-51D Mustangs in single and multiplayer games.
F-86F.jpg

Sabre and Dora Update

Over the past month we released two pre-purchase modules, with access to Open Betas, for DCS World: DCS: F-86F Sabre and DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora. We are carefully reading your feedback and we and Belsimtek (Sabre Team) are busy improving the projects. This includes not only bug fixes, but also new content such as interactive training missions and campaigns. This is not to say that work is not continuing on other previously released projects. For example: Work on the manual for the DCS: Mi-8MTV2 and tuning of the F-15C professional flight model continues, also various adjustments and bug fixes are in work.

DCS World War II: Europe 1944 Update

If you have not done so already, you can view our current listing of rewards here:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...08&postcount=1

For backers, you can use the updated Backer Page to select your aircraft of choice based on your contribution level.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128080

Spit.jpg

In addition to the release of DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora, the team is also plugging away on the next aircraft for the series: DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst. This is being done internally by Eagle Dynamics to the same exacting standards of the Dora. The pre-purchase with 20% discount is now available and we plan to make the Open Beta available in the October – November time frame.Other warbirds in work for this project include both the P-47D and Spitfire. These will be welcome additions to the growing stable of Second World War aircraft as we flesh out this era of air combat.

P-47.jpg

The other major element of DCS World War II: Europe 1944 is of course the new Normandy map. The team is currently working on a new combat theater map to support DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but once complete, will be returning to this map. At that time, we should be able to start sharing images of the new era map, complete with period ground units.

l-39c_1.jpg

DCS: L-39C and L-39ZA Albatros Coming to DCS World

Another new aircraft coming to DCS World later in 2014 will be the venerable L-39 jet trainer, developed by Eagle Dynamics. We will first release the L-39C variant and then later the L-39ZA variant. This aircraft has acted as the primary jet trainer for many countries around the world for several decades. In addition to its training role, the L-39 can also be loaded with ordnance and act as a light attack aircraft.

We also plan for this module to include multiplayer front seat / back seat capability. We believe that this feature will add a new dimension of gameplay for this aircraft and several others like the UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Hawk, and C-101.

Stay tuned for more details!

Su-27.jpg

Su-27 for DCS World

As we did for the F-15C, we will be updating the Su-27 for DCS World to include a Professional level flight model. Development of this updated Flanker is well underway and will be free as part of Flaming Cliffs 3. We will also sell the Su-27 for DCS World as a separate download later in 2014.

MiG-15-1.jpg

DCS: MiG-15Bis Coming to DCS World

As a perfect bookshelf match to the F-86F Sabre, Belsimtek in cooperation with Eagle Dynamics are developing the MiG-15Bis for DCS World! As with the Sabre, the MiG-15Bis will be a fully detailed module with Professional Flight Model (PFM), mouse-interactive cockpit, and detailed cockpit systems.
Combined with new maps, the battle of Sabre's vs. MiGs will be an amazing experience and further help us achieve our goal of providing an air combat experience spanning several decades.

MiG-21.jpg

MiG-21Bis, Hawk and C-101 Coming Soon to DCS

A couple of years ago, we started the initial steps of allowing qualified third parties to develop and sell modules for DCS World. The fruits of this effort are almost ripe and have taken the form of the MiG-21Bis (Leatherneck Simulations), Hawk (VAEO Simulations), and the C-101 (AvioDev). All three projects are making great progress and are either in or close to the Eagle Dynamics testing phase. We see these as just the tip of the iceberg for future partner projects.

Nevada-1.jpg

Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Map

Work continues on the NTTR map. The primary objective is to adapt the various map assets to work within DCS World. Once this effort is complete and DCS World 2.0 is available, we plan to release this map soon afterwards.

DCS2.jpg

DCS World 2.0 Coming in 2014

The next iteration of DCS World (formerly 1.3.0) is currently in internal testing and will be available as a free download later in 2014. All DCS modules will be fully compatible with DCS World 2.0. As with DCS World 1.0, 2.0 will also include the FREE TF-51D and Su-25T. New features of DCS World 2.0, but subject to change, include:
  • DirectX 11 support
  • Improved game performance
  • New and improved lighting
  • Improved effects
  • New water animations
  • Improved shadows
  • Unified GUI that eliminates the need for separate GUI and simulation .exe while also speeding up mission load times. Later, this will also allow us to integrate simulation elements into the Encyclopaedia and Mission Editor
  • Ability to access new maps that will be sold as separate modules
  • New grass and clutter
  • New clouds
  • Ability to create dedicated server
  • Skeleton animations
  • Depth of field support
  • Improved Oculus VR support

Some of these features may not be included in the initial DCS World 2 release.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Update

Perhaps the most eagerly awaited DCS module, the Hornet, is indeed in progress... it really does exist! More so than any other of our past and current projects though, the Hornet requires a massive amount of work, not just the creating of the art assets and programming of the cockpit functions, but also a great deal of research, design documentation, building of supersonic aircraft flight dynamics (F-15C with BST and Su-27 have been helping to create this technology), acquiring source data, and creating several new technologies like air-to-surface radar.

In addition to the actual aircraft, there are other elements that need to be created such as an improved Nimitz-class aircraft carrier, much better carrier operations, and a new combat theater map tailored to this aircraft.

We hear you and realize that many of you are very anxious and looking forward to hearing more about this project. As we get closer to an early beta, we will be discussing this more.

Here are some very early images of the cockpit.

Hornet-1.jpg

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

Falcon Northwest Tiki: i7 4770K, 8 GB RAM, GTX 780ti, Windows 8.1, and 512 GB SSD.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Warning: Prolonged customer exposure to flights simulations may cause tourette syndrome.

The Hornet appears to still be a long way off... But hopefully, the MiG-21bis and DCS 2.0 are coming very soon!

But ED rarely keeps to any kind of schedule, so I won't get my hopes up too much this time.

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the modules I already have while hoping for the best.

I want the new Su-27 PFM as well!

DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $24.99 (60% off) 

Math?

Great news on the Hornet. 

Hope this guys create a ODS map. I'm tired of flying over Korea and Georgia.

we have Korea in DCS? That's a new...

ohh that K looks fab, so does 15 cockpit

edit:

ok I think Korea is BMS reference Stratos made

Edited by Stary

Hi!

Like all simmers here I have a great desire to see DCS get right.

But, I see they move on too directions at same time and dont get anything really done. This series are Lockon Update plus some weird and out of context vintage aircraft. Instead they should develop one decent dynamic campaign engine.

This is what everyone wants!

Until, Falcon BMS remains the best!

It all sounds good - be interesting to a have a game that uses DX11.

Been waiting on them getting a western naval bird involved for years... pretty much since the original Lomac release actually... Would rather they' done the Tomcat but I'll take a Bug  :biggrin:

Craig

I think this was a great newsletter to be honest. a lot of good stuff in the pipeline! Especially the "new terrain for the Hornet" sounds like great news.. any speculations what that might be? Korea? Cuba? Libya? Iceland?

All the Korea and WW2 stuff is a bit "meh" for me... Cold War stuff is what really get's me going.

I think this was a great newsletter to be honest. a lot of good stuff in the pipeline! Especially the "new terrain for the Hornet" sounds like great news.. any speculations what that might be? Korea? Cuba? Libya? Iceland?

All the Korea and WW2 stuff is a bit "meh" for me... Cold War stuff is what really get's me going.

My guess, Middle east to include All of Kuwait, Iraq and parts of Saudi Arabia and Iran but I'm reaching for straws here.  

All good news. Actually they have a whole big status topic on the forum, listing all current and future development status (3rd party included)

To celebrate the good new I have invested in a Flaming Cliffs 3 and a Combined Arms.... First time since Operation Flashpoint I paid for a full new game)  (Not counting the occasional 1-2$ old ones)

My guess, Middle east to include All of Kuwait, Iraq and parts of Saudi Arabia and Iran but I'm reaching for straws here.  

Desert Storm and 2003 operations will be really great!

Desert Storm and 2003 operations will be really great!

Not to mention F-18s are the aircraft bombing ISIS right now.

it'll be all water :smile:

seriously though nice update, the 2.0 features look promising indeed -and is it'll due out quite soon I think it's good thing I haven't spent much time with DCSW 1.0+ seems :rofl:

Nothing new to me in the newsletter other than the mention of an F/A-18 specific map and the implication of a Korean War map.

It just summarizes everything that has already been stated over the past year with the latest revision to the release dates that will be missed :P

I hope Edge/DCS 2.0 significantly improves performance and looks better too. As long as performance doesn't get worse, I can live with just an image quality improvement.

But what I have been waiting for all along is the MiG-21bis! Smash the bugs and release a stable/complete version with little need for further patches!

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

But what I have been waiting for all along is the MiG-21bis! Smash the bugs and release a stable/complete version with little need for further patches!

I completely agree!!!  I'm waiting for that, myself.  Actually I tried the MiG-21 (AI of course), and it looks fantastic. many new weapons that seem to work and the AI seemed to be smart to me (at least in AI vs AI dogfight). It even has an RN-28 nuke, but that does not work tho)

On their list they have a Mi-24 too, from the same belarussian 3rd party group who made Mi-8MT,  but it's in a very early stage. Years before it will be flyable((

There's under 4 months left in 2014, so I hope 2.0 does indeed make that time frame.

• Like 1

After their recent announcements, if 2.0, Edge, and the MiG-21bis don't make it by the end of the year, there will be big problems among many if not most of the current DCS community. I could spend 2 to 4 years just enjoying the game in its present state, so I might be a bit more patient than some. But I will be strongly disappointed if the MiG-21bis misses yet another release date. I like the World War 2 aircraft, but I don't really want them. Give me the Strike Fighters plane set or other mainstream aircraft from that generation in DCS if you want my continued support (F-5E would be a great complement to the MiG-21bis!). In the mean time, I am going to keep flying the F-86F awaiting the MiG-15bis for great historical player-vs-player jet dogfights.