Sign in to follow this  
reddevil1003

Houston I've got a problem!

1: i just cant get aim - sparrows to hit the target .. i am keeping the steering dot in centre of ASE circle, firing head-on from a distance around 10-15 nm from f-     4 phantom.. no G's, planes not maneuvring.. keeping the the radar lock -on but missile just wander away.. i have fired around 50 sparrows with           only 1 kill.

2: are there any active radar homing bvr missiles in sf2 if not then any weapons pack??

3: i just suck at ground targets , any tips ,  i often use mark-82snake eyes get them to hit the target from low altitudes.. i just dnt knw where my rockets go.. 

1. Whats this the AIM-7D? -  what are you firing at?

2. AIM-54A/C & AIM-120 / R-77 are some active missiles - they are all in certain packs - the 54A comes with SF2NA for the F-14

3. Anything that doesn't have CCIP then you need to manual dive bomb 

old but still useful by Andy Bush - http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_055a.html

1: they are aim-7e , targets are mig 21 

2: going to download some weapon packs and switching to NA..

3: i am beginner to sf2 (or any combat simulator, u can guess dat) so i was hoping to get hold of unguided bombs first.. by manual dive u mean vertically descending over the target and           releasing the bombs!!

If you've got the weapon difficulty set to hard you're getting the full experience of the "great white hope" of the AIM-7E.  The malfunction rate is atrocious and they don't really maneuver well against small planes.

I admit I got fed up with it and put weapons back to normal.