I have done all that and it works for the a2a missiles, it correctly only load SA spesific missiles. The problem comes when trying to Get the bft to work, even if the old mirage rpk combo has been removed from the station data it load up with a double loading for the inner wing station together with other stores. This happens even if the default bft tank has been changed to the new kfir bft. I'll upload the data sections later.

This is how it looks.... the kfir supersonic tank load under the Mirage RPK combo tank

/mirage supersonic tank. The Kfir BFT does not show up in the loadout menu at all.

What does finally show up is the Griffin LGB as used by the SAAF on the Cheetahs..

[LeftInnerWingStation]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=3
StationGroupID=2
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=-2.153,-1.02,-0.837
AttachmentAngles=0.0,-3.0,5.0
LoadLimit=1000
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,FT,BFT,RFT,LGB
AttachmentType=S_AFRICA
ModelNodeName=inner_pylon_L
PylonMass=40.0
PylonDragArea=0.02
FuelTankName=Kfir_RP1300C

[RightInnerWingStation]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=4
StationGroupID=2
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition= 2.153,-1.02,-0.837
AttachmentAngles=0.0,-3.0,-5.0
LoadLimit=1000
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,FT,BFT,RFT,LGB
AttachmentType=S_AFRICA
ModelNodeName=inner_pylon_R
PylonMass=40.0
PylonDragArea=0.02
FuelTankName=Kfir_RP1300C

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/SAAF/65d33c35-e9ec-4296-bc5c-8eba73e35e84.jpg~original

Any advice on where I can find the texture for the intake/belly pylons?

Thanks!

BFT info

[WeaponData001]
TypeName=Kfir_BFT500C
FullName=RPK Bomb-Fuel - Cheetah
ModelName=Kfir_BFT500C
Mass=650.000000
Diameter=0.075000
Length=5.572000
SubsonicDragCoeff=0.200000
SupersonicDragCoeff=0.770000
AttachmentType=S_AFRICA
SpecificStationCode=
NationName=SOUTHAFRICA
StartYear=1965
EndYear=2010
Availability=2
BaseQuantity=4
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1965
ExportEndYear=2010
ExportAvailability=2
WeaponDataType=6
WeaponsRackType=BFT
NumWeapons=2
LoadLimit=1000.000000
DiameterLimit=0.000000
LengthLimit=2.500000
MaxFuelAmount=500.000000
Attachment01Position=0.000000,1.942000,-0.230000
Attachment01Angle=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Attachment02Position=0.000000,-1.007000,-0.230000
Attachment02Angle=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Asymmetrical=FALSE
AttachAtZero=FALSE
HideStationPylon=TRUE

Edited by JensOle

I have seen that there is another topic here at the CA about the double or triple loading of Mirage tanks, but I cannot translate it into a cure for my Cheetah. Any advice?

img00046.jpg

The only way to stop that from happening is the re-write the loadout ini for whatever bombs you want to use. That will keep the correct rack loading as well.

When you go in and change the load manually (on the loadout screen), you 'bypass' the rack statements in the loadout ini; the game engine sees a rack called for, and just grabs the next one on the list; in this case the MirageF1's (which may also appear on the Jag's). In this cases, it's not looking for "BRU57", per se, it's looking for "2BR" (2 bomb-rack)

So you can do one of 2 things:

1) leave the load alone, and keep the correct racks or

2) re-write the loadout ini, keep the MERs the same, and switch the bombs. --- provided the called for rack has the proper weight limits -- which can also cause them to unexpetedly swap themselves.

Remember, the loads for a given aircraft were 'issued' that way for a reason, usually something to do with the game engine, and how it treats things.

Wrench

kevin stein

Okay, so maybe your problem lies with the loadout.ini file, you'll probably need to reprogram that and leave loadouts stock in-game?

The problem comes when the entries for the mirage pkt combo tank is removed in the data ini, regardless of what is in the loadout ini. I have even removed the loadout ini completely, but no change. I think it must be something in the data ini which causes it.

Svetlin has been of great help with fixing the tank issue, He remade both the data file and the Kfir BFT tank. He even included the supersonic centerline tank for the Cheetah C. The only issue left is to get the kfir 500l supersonic tank with fins to show up...

Thank you Svetlin!

The E over the range... Full bomb load

img00047.jpg

img00052.jpg

img00050.jpg

img00053.jpg

Edited by JensOle
  • Like 3

All done yet JensOle? Will you be uploading to the community?

Thats the plan :-) Right now I'm asking the original author of the cheetah E to give the thumbs up.

The Cheetah E is pretty much finished right now, the last work included painting the intake and belly pylons to match the rest of the scheme and to make the load out ini. Just need to make some simulator loading screenshots.

And I forgot to mention the entries for the Elta EL/M 2001 radar, does any of you know about the actual capabilities?

Most sources states it is simply a ranging radar for lock on in a narrow cone in front of the aircraft, but many books mention the Cheetah E/D had a ground mapping mode for the same radar. 

The SAAF version included round mapping AFAIK. I have pdf's from an aviation journal that states only AA, but that was 1982 and by that time the intended airframes(kfirs) were already relegated to AG. Their AA range was 81 miles AFAIK, and most SAAF sources state ground mapping as well. 

Are you sure about that? I have done a lot of reference search for the Elta El/M-2001 in the last days and none of the more documented sources mention a ground mapping capability. From my understand of the 2001 it might actually be impossible since it has a fixed radar aerial with a very narrow cone of search which more or less only cover what you see in the HUD (and as the Cheetah E uses the same nose as the Kfir C.2 it is not space to use another radar aerial). It was designed to give ranging and tracking data for weapon employment just in front of the aircraft. Sort of a dog fight radar only. Another design goal of the 2001 was to achieve much better "Mean time between failures" than the original French radar in the Israeli Mirage IIICJ, sacrificing modes and the capability to employ radar guided missiles.

It looks like the El/M-2001 only mode for air to ground work was as an range finder for the CCIP and bomb delivery.

The same rather was also used in the ground attack AMX as the Grifo Pointer and no sources states any ground mapping capability beside the range finder and front cone lock on as far as I can find. 

To show the fixed aerial, El-2001 in Kfir:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q35/flex297/Egypt/EltaEL-2001B.jpg

Back to the Cheetah E and the Elta El/M-2001, the SAAF was rather notorious about OPSEC and misinformation back in the days and it would be rather plausible that the "ground mapping" capability was introduced for just that purpose. I cannot see how they could have introduces that feature into the fixed aerial El-2001 radar system. This is also probably why the Kfir later got a much more sophisticated radar system for the Kfir 2000/CE upgrades. The El-2001 is also in use on the updated Romanian Mig-21 Lancers (ground attack model) and as of 2014 has no ground mapping feature.

Remember when the Cheetah program was started in the early 1980's, the El-2001 was the best and only combat proven radar system which was available from Israel. And as the Cheetah E was designed to be an interceptor with ground radar vectoring, the lack of range and multirole features was probably not seen as a big problem, it would after all be a big improvement over the French radar then in use in the Mirage IIIs. 

The 81 miles range is for the Elta El/M-2032 which is a completely other radar design (no way the small radar aerial in the El-2001 can have that range), it was/is used on the Cheetah C and updated Kfirs and as you can see it needed a much bigger radome for the radar aerial.

• Like 1

proyecto cheetah c

post-10313-0-89697800-1412383425_thumb.jpg

post-10313-0-41857100-1412383448_thumb.jpg

post-10313-0-66030700-1412383538_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is looking great! Let me know if i can be of any help! Svetlin and I have got the supersonic tanks with y fins, supersonic centerline tank and the 2 bomb bft (with y fins) working for both the cheetah e and c. The israeli griffin lgb (same as used by the saaf on the cheetahs) is also available from among many sources the a-4n pack.

Looking forward to see more!

Thanks for the info Jens, yeah open was so tight even the minester of defense started believing the lies!

My source was pretty much from the saaf museum and pdfs I downloaded, so I think you're right now that I've had a look at the usage of it in other aircraft.

i found some pictures showing the V3A and the V3B with a tan colored rocket and warhead section and a withe stripe around the rocket motor , is that color correct for a live missile ???

-

V3A

Image1.jpg

-

V3B

Image2.jpg

for the V3C i have pictures showing the nose section including the warhead in a tan color and the rocket motor in withe color with a brown stripe , is that color correct for a live missile ???

-

V3C

Image3.jpg

still looking for more pictures on this missiles especially one showing the lettering

Kuck mal wo die Achsen der dreieckigen Flossen sind. Bei der A sind die vor den Achsen der 2 "eingeknickten" FLossen, bei der B sind sie auf der gleichen Höhe mit denen.

Siehe Bilder weiter oben im thread.

• Like 1

Kuck mal wo die Achsen der dreieckigen Flossen sind. Bei der A sind die vor den Achsen der 2 "eingeknickten" FLossen, bei der B sind sie auf der gleichen Höhe mit denen.

Siehe Bilder weiter oben im thread.

Thanks Otto , i will take a look at it

long time no here , how are you ????

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!! Those F-1s from Operation Desert Storm (all but the F-1CK) are outdated. Any plans to replace them? Congratulation for this piece of art!