So who do we have left to create aircraft?

Dels

ravenclaw007

Russo

Who else?

Raven

veltro2k

we're just about out of modlers...

Florian , 76.IAP-Blackbird , JAT81500

Edited by ravenclaw_007

OK I'll ask the question Dave. Why? :)

Even excellent Yak-38 has only 250 downloads, It takes too much time to build plane for about 100 downloads :-(

OK I'll ask the question Dave. Why? :)

Me thinks he plans to build a DCS F-4E rofl

• Like 1

Me thinks he plans to build a DCS F-4E rofl

Yeah I wish. Its an SF2 project however. Just need an interested person.

Biggest obstacle is the cost of Max 2009 for the newr folks and time for the old heads. I hoped that Max 12 or 13 would have backwards compatability to 09, but they only went back to 10. I'm currently using 15 for school and can get a two year license on the latest versions while in school. Others out there can do similar, the catch is finding the partners to try out FC's mentioned export import via Blender. Find an alternate route and i think many will start trying their hand at it

I still make 3d stuff. But time has been in limited supply lately. Got a bunch of project sitting on the HDD waiting  for some TLC. Plus, got to admit, the development time is starting to become very long if you want to get stuff right. I think the Thirdwire lack of support is starting to be felt too...

But looking at modding instructions for DCS and well just thinking about the level of detail "required" by DCS makes my head ache. It is really fast approaching a point that it won't be possibly for a single modder to develop such an aircraft.

I tried to get Daniel Back, and thanks to Martin, i'm SLOWLY begining with 3D, but it will take a while since all the skinning projects i have...

Oh and i forgot Logan4, he's doing a nice modding too.

Sorry for hijacking the threat Dave, but talking about a possible DCS F-4E (even in FC3 style) makes me shiver.

• Like 1

Per what Centurion said, me thinks DCS wants it that way. How many of us have said of TWs DLCs "nice but we have it here at CA already".? Only DLC i can think of that wasn't easily moddable here was the F-4N and even then i only got it after he fixed for slotted stabs. DCS makes more money if you have to get the airframes from them

Back to my original post, went to look up Max 09 after posting. Cant even find it for sale now, let alone price. The question might be how do we make a work around so some young blood can get in the game?

Edited by daddyairplanes

i have all F-4 max files and some F-4 cockpit max files but i know nothing about DCS and in the moment i´m bussy with my own problems  :dntknw:

I still dream about one Saab Viggen! To bad I have none skills and knowege fo this :(

It would be really great to have exporter support to more recent version of 3dsmax as new people are more likely to have these as student versions rather than the 2009 version. Perhaps we should lobby TK for an new exporter?

well, it's worth asking. Even if he's moved on the mobile-only, it can't hurt

I'd LOVE to learn MAX; there's so many little things I'd like to do, that I have to keep calling in favors for.  It's not just the aircraft or ships or vehicle items, there's so many more buildings and such that would be nice have. One can only repurpose what we have so many times... 

Even excellent Yak-38 has only 250 downloads, It takes too much time to build plane for about 100 downloads :-(

I see Monty, but even being excellent the Forger is not that great plane...

I flew it a bit and at hard settings we got no chance against those Tomcats, so I guess it is na outstanding piece of work but unfortunatelly not much enjoyable.

So everybody is waiting for SU-33s or bether versions from existing mods...

• Like 1

Perhaps we here at CombatAce should put our weight behind making a DCS F-4E? Even FC3 level or less to begin with would send a pretty big message to ED: THIS BIRD IS WANTED!

The people making the Gazelle and Boh 105 have gotten quite far, so maybe modding for DCS is not impossible. If not easy. But it would take a TEAM, I stress this, because the level of detail for every individual bit is 2-10 times more than what we are used to produce. And that is just the visual side. Tho if we had Volkers models as a starting point, that would be 90% of the work done right there :angel: . And having the possiblity of using 60-70K tris for the external model would actually make many things easier.

Sorry for the thread hijack. But the thought also gets me salivating  :biggrin:

• Like 1

I was asking because I wanted a B-47 for SF2. We do not have one, we have one for SF1 but well....you know and it doesnt cut it anymore. 

Would love to see that TEAM joining efforts together to get that F-4 flying on DCS. But again, I'm not a modder so I can only dream.

I think that a team creating such plane will learn a lot of DCS modding and will be able to reuse tons of parts for other mods. For example creating a F-5 after the F4 the team will be able to reuse must of the cockpit instruments.

Indeed, Dave. A new Stratojet would be welcome for the 1950s.

edit: just checked, I DO have the Detail and Scale book on pdf, for a modeler that might need it.

Edited by Wrench

One time long ago I started working on a Douglas 1211J. But between game development and being a daddy I have no time for hobby projects anymore =/

• Like 1