Everytime I try to start a SF2 games, after few seconds the game crash to desktop and is impossible play.The only game updated with the July 2013 patch is SF2 North Atlantic.Someone can tell me please how can I do for solve the problem?Thank you!

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Everytime I try to start a SF2 games, after few seconds the game crash to desktop and is impossible play.The only game updated with the July 2013 patch is SF2 North Atlantic.Someone can tell me please how can I do for solve the problem?Thank you!

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Avast. The problem is  called Avast.

Take a look here

http://combatace.com/topic/83840-all-my-sf2-installs-ctd/

buona sera a tutti scusatemi se parlo in Italiano e non in inglese in questo post.

E' accaduto lo stesso problema anche a me. ho letto il post di Ice Man ed i vari interventi successivi.

Ho disinstallato AVAST ed al suo posto ho installato Microsoft security essential...il problema è che Strike fighters 2 continua a non avviarsi.

La mia domanda è rivolta principalmente ad Ice Man...hai dovuto ripristinare tutto il gioco o sei riuscito a farlo andare di nuovo?

Grazie e scusate ancora per l'intervento non in inglese. 

===============================

English via Bing:

good evening to all excuse me if I speak in Italian and in English in this post.

And the same problem has happened to me too. I read the post by Ice Man and various subsequent interventions.

I uninstalled AVAST and instead I installed Microsoft security essential ... the problem is that Strike fighters 2 still does not start.

My question is mainly addressed to Ice Man ... you had to redo the whole game or were you able to get it going again?

Thanks and sorry again for the non-English speech

Edited by Wrench
added english translation

buona sera a tutti scusatemi se parlo in Italiano e non in inglese in questo post.

E' accaduto lo stesso problema anche a me. ho letto il post di Ice Man ed i vari interventi successivi.

Ho disinstallato AVAST ed al suo posto ho installato Microsoft security essential...il problema è che Strike fighters 2 continua a non avviarsi.

La mia domanda è rivolta principalmente ad Ice Man...hai dovuto ripristinare tutto il gioco o sei riuscito a farlo andare di nuovo?

Grazie e scusate ancora per l'intervento non in inglese. 

English dude, really!

And if you're unable to speak it, at least make an effort and use G. Translate or something....

You're not the only non-English here.

I have not tried it yet I'll try in the next few days.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

I uninstalled Avast and installed Microsoft Security Essential,but the problem isn't solved.I installed Bitdefender and the problem continue.I haven't uninstalled the game, but I think the problem is about the July 2013 patch because with the previous is never happened.I want to clarify I installed the July 2013 patch only with SF2 North Atlantic, but all the SF2 games crash to desktop.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Avast will have taken and quarantined a few files from your install..... You needed to re-instate those files before you removed avast.

I would say you are stuck doing a re- install of SF2.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

This problem is for all SF2 games?Because I uninstalled Avast this morning.cray.gif.pagespeed.ce.e7zcGoJNnJ.gif

Teo

• Like 1

We'll..........be sure to back up or rename your mod folder and it shouldn't be to bad,

If you re- install the same patch level and the same install location then you can probably just keep your whole mod folder intact and just drag and drop it back into its original location.......after you spend 2 hours running all the TW setup exe's

Good luck.......have fun

does sf2 NA work and others dont?....if its patched and others arent then it will crash as they will merge install  when you install more than 1 game version...unpatched will then be incompattible

Edited by russouk2004

I just had the same issue.  I was able to restore the file through the Avast virus chest, and then get SF2 to run after disabling Avast.

I submitted the file to Avast to have them "evaluate" it or whatever.

Annoying...  first time in over a month I had a few minutes for flight simming and I spent it doing this instead...  Now off to bed.

Edited by malibu43