Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff001

Canadian Armed Forces typeface

Does anyone know which font should be used for the "Canadian Armed Forces" titles. If not the actual font, is there a good equivalent. I am doing normal skins for the CF-104. I've basically done the silver skins, but I need the font to do the titles in black for the green Starfighters.

silver05.jpg

aren't the silver and euro camo (overall dark green) skins both STOCK items?? Cause I sure have them!!

for the font, I see what could be interpreted as a couple of different ones...

AmrilloUSAF for the tail serial, and possibly RAF_PW_ATH or RCAF_60SQO_ATH on the nose.

All are available at simmerspaintshop.com

the "Canadian Armed Forces" look like AmrilloUSAF to me

Edited by Wrench

They are, but they're not terribly good. I'll give AmarilloUSAF a try.

This is the stock CF-104 in silver. 

The silver CF-104s are basically done. All I have to do is finish making serial numbers. Here is the RCAF silver.

Red sky in the morning, sailor takes warning

Red sky at night, sailor's delight

Instant sunshine, sailor ceases to exist

• Like 1

Looks very nice! :good:

One thing, I think you use Bobrock´s temps.

The CAF ones did not use  the mainetenancing text on the nose, and the other stenceling is also a bit wrong on Bobrock´s temp.

I think i still have the temps for the USAF silver skin i did a while back. If you like to have the stencils shoot me a pm.

and one tip. Use less decals as much you can, looks much better.

I always use decals only for the numbers. ;-)

the only problem I see (and it may be a personal one! :biggrin: ) is that painted on national markings will not activate the 'nation name display' on the loadout drop down. There should (ok, my opinion - MUST) be a least 1 level=0 decal to activate the nation affilation.

however, I have a cheat for that; a decal that's very small, stuck on mesh that no one will notice (or see)

Something like this, usually used as the LAST one listed:

[Decal***]
MeshName=LeftAileron
DecalLevel=0
DecalFacing=BOTTOM
FilenameFormat=Insignia
Position=-0.0,0.00
Scale=0.0000001
DecalMaxLOD=1

and that works like a charm

Edited by Wrench

Here is a preview of my next project, a Canadian Mirage IIIE. No ETA, though. Any suggestions for a model letter for a Canadian Mirage?

• Like 2

I had been thinking of Mirage IIIEC (C for Canada), or IIIEQ (Q for Quebec, indicating manufacture by Canadair). For a designation, I was thinking of CF-111, which was the original designation of the CF-104, and 111 indicates III.

Canadair CF-111 Mirage.

(May have to be amended for a General Dynamics CF-111 Aardvark, if I get around to doing that)