Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Caudron G.4

Caudron G.4

The Caudron G.4 was a twin engine French bomber. It was introduced late in 1915, it used wing warping for banking and had four rudders. The plane was widely used, and saw service on most of the fronts. After 1916, it was used mostly for night bombing and reconnaissance.

I have included four skins, a French linen, an Italian linen, a Russian grey, and a British brown. I have included some personal markings, but the serial number is so hard to see on this plane, that I only made one. My skinning templates are included in the download.

There are three bomb loadouts, including one internal, and two external bomb loads. I had to make a special pilot, because the stock FE pilot would not fit in the Caudron cockpit. The new pilot is included in the download.

Historical Note
All of the examples I found had linen skins, except for some Russian grey or light blue planes. I have included a British brown skin because it seemed likely that other colors than plane linen were used, although I found no evidence of it.

Credits
Thanks to Ojcar for making the data file for the Caudron G.4.
Thanks also to Whiteknight06604 who originally suggested this plane more than a year ago, and provided some resources at that time. Thanks also to Jeanba, who helped research skins for the Caudron G.4.

Installation Instructions
For FE1 - Unzip the file. Open the folder named "PutInAircraftFolder." Move the folder named "CaudronG4" and the two pilot files into your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder. The files named "CaudronPilot.lod" and "CaudronPilot.bmp" should be in the Aircraft folder, but not in any other folder. Open the "PutInSoundsFolder" and move the file named "LeRhone9c80hp1m4.wav" into your FirstEagles/Sounds folder.

For FE2 - Unzip the file. Open the folder named "PutInAircraftFolder." Move the folder named "CaudronG4" into your FirstEagles/Objects/Aircraft folder. Move the files named "CaudronPilot.lod" and "CaudronPilot.bmp" into the FirstEagles/Objects/Pilots folder. Then in the FirstEagles/Objects/Decals folder, create a new folder named "CaudronG4". Move the folder named "D" from the Aircraft/CaudronG4 folder into the Decals/CaudronG4 folder you just made. Open the "PutInSoundsFolder" and move the file named "LeRhone9c80hp1m4.wav" into your FirstEagles/Sounds folder.

• Like 1

Hello! Super!!! Many thanks!!!

Thanks again for a great plane, and beautifully modelled.

Couple of minor things. In FE2 the pilot lods and bpms need to go in the pilots folder to work. They don't work in the aircraft folder. The plane disappears at distances over 200m (just smoke and no plane!). You have 3 lods in folder but use only 2 in the ini configuration file, so I fixed mine by adding the third as an extra line in the ini file. Seems to work!