Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Finally looking into A-10C...

... and I wish I would have done it sooner.  I have been hesitant to pick this up from the start, assuming I didn't have time to learn how to fly it or blow stuff up.

A simHQ member was gracious enough to give me a product key for the A-10C and P-51D a few months back.  I finally started looking through the quick start guide the other night, and I'll be damned if like 90% of the stuff doesn't pretty much carry right over from F4AF/BMS (which I spent a little time with before A-10C came out and before I had kids).  Sure, the terminology is a little different and the systems are modeled to a finer level of detail.  But I honestly feel like I could get the jet off the ground, drop an LGB and get back to base on my first or second flight.

With a 3 year old and 1 month old at home, I haven't had time yet to actually get in the cockpit and try stuff out.  But I'm definitely looking forward to the chance.

• Like 1

Start out in game mode and work from there. I built my home pit around the A-10C flight sim.