working Starlifter skins,  and doing the decal.ini dance.  have this one fairly placed for movement but cant get teh proper name of the pod the decal is hiding behind.

post-43212-0-87412900-1412989966_thumb.jpg

out file claims its lgearpod,  and tried the doors and lgbay to no avail.  being your baby,  could you shoot me a name so i can make her some new clothes?

Try LGearPod and RGearPod

Edited by Veltro2k

worked for left but not for right.  left was originally on fuselage to get placement down, why it probaably didnt show last time.  all other stats in the decal ini match left except facing and meshname.......

Edited by daddyairplanes

worked for left but not for right.  left was originally on fuselage to get placement down, why it probaably didnt show last time.  all other stats in the decal ini match left except facing and meshname.......

the right one is  rgear pod           with a space between the R and P

that did the trick sir.  thank you

post-43212-0-78858000-1413038035_thumb.jpg

i do as best as i can on my own, but to let you know reskins on your birds are the bulk of my planned projects through years end.  141A and B, Galaxy reskin in full swing, and want to apply the same treatment to the 767 (and 737 if released) as i did to the DC-10.  many airlines, one skin.  but again, thank you for your help

• Like 1

hey, DA, see lots of shadow artifacts. I assume there's some pit1s off to the left??? You need to fix the pit1.ini like so:

[LOD001]
Filename=pit1.lod
Distance=6000

[shadow]
CastShadow=FALSE
ShadowCastDist=500
MaxVisibleDistance=2000

copy/paste that into a blank notepad, and "save as" pit1.ini in the terrain your using. That'll fix that issue.

its Piecemeals desert terrain Kevin,  not teh pit.  observe...........

post-43212-0-89317200-1413055795_thumb.jpg

post-43212-0-63857600-1413055796_thumb.jpg

but thank you for coming up with a fix to a percieved problem

you sure? check the pits surrounding those fuel tanks. If they're the individual ones (pit1), that's it. Because the small fuel tank (benzintank) doesn't do that.

The pit1 lod has had an "issue" for about 5-6 years now. TK has been told (by me!), but, well you know the drill.

the screenshot is from desert3, but I'm pretty sure Piecemeal didn't change it for desert4

btw, the skins are looking REAL good!!

huh,   well the top of the two and the one where i told veltro it was fixed are the exact same hold position, just different angles.   havent noticed any other shadow shenanigans so i'ma leavin it be for now.

thank you very much.  Geary hooked me up with the templates for this and the galaxy,  and getting set for the B model.  now i just gotta get off me butt and finish the serials and units tgas (both tied together on that 2nd level..)