Since the community is getting a lot of skins,cockpits,etc for the SU-33 and Fubar is working on a SU-33,and the Russian navy SU-33 is being replaced by the mig-29K in 2015 would it be better to put more effort into updating the mig-29K in SF-2 to modern standards?i know russouk04 has a mig-29K that could probably use a updated cockpit.just a thought.http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/4/25/2291/

Edited by ultramig688

Umm well while having pretty much anything new is always great...when planes go into retirement we don't actually have to remove them from the game... :lol:

• Like 1

Really, does that mean we should stop flying the 90% or so of the aircraft models out there, because they're "obsolete"?  You do realize that this series does not simulate modern avionics or even some of the capabilities of aircraft introduced after 1982, right?  It was conceived to emulate aircraft from say, 1947 to 1982.

And by the way, it's Su-33, not "SU-33".

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 3

Man! should i stop making all the skins for the planes i have in queue??? well, all Floggers, Fitters, Brewers, Firebars to the scrap heap then  :crazy:  :lol:  :jk:  :jk:  :jk:

• Like 1

Yeah Flogger23, go home!

;-)

• Like 3

well damn,  guess i can quite teh 707, Starlifter, and Sierra model Phantoms.  all at the boneyard now :crazy:

• Like 1

Well I'm going to have say goodbye to it in DCS eventually...

• Like 2

I figured I would get flamed .You guys are blowin this way out of proportion.im not saying to get rid of everything in the works or stop everything you are doing or removing obsolete planes from the game.no insults were intended ,I like playing this sim and have the utmost respect for all the modders in this community.like I said it was just a thought.

I figured I would get flamed .You guys are blowin this way out of proportion.im not saying to get rid of everything in the works or stop everything you are doing or removing obsolete planes from the game.no insults were intended ,I like playing this sim and have the utmost respect for all the modders in this community.like I said it was just a thought.

modders work for free and work based on their interest. leave them be :D

modders work for free and work based on their interest. leave them be :D

That's why I have extreme respect for all the modders of this sim because they do work for free and if their interest are not the same as mine so be it I dont have a problem with that.they can mod what they like it's their skill and talent to do with as they wish.

My man, just take it easy, we are just a bunch of guys who like to make jokes, this time it was with you, maybe later it will be with someone who will ask for a list of planes, everything is taken with sense of humor, glad to have you with us :)

• Like 4

Thanks flogger sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm getting my ass ripped or if you guys are just screwin' with me.

Oh no, we will screw with your head here! That's the CombatAce guarantee. :smile:

(plus most of the inmate-- *ahem* I mean, the members, are insane. I'm looking in your direction Museli and Flogger! :tongue: )

• Like 1

Dont know what you mean saywhatt. I'm perfectly sane otherwise the VA would have to give me more disability!

Oh no, we will screw with your head here! That's the CombatAce guarantee. :smile:

(plus most of the inmate-- *ahem* I mean, the members, are insane. I'm looking in your direction Museli and Flogger! :tongue: )

LOL Edited by ultramig688

Thanks flogger sometimes it's hard to tell if I'm getting my ass ripped or if you guys are just screwin' with me.

Well if my response is the first one you can be sure it's nothing serious :lol:

You see? we are perfectly sane, regards of what SayWhatt says, you should see the rest of the gang in Facebook...

FLOGGER23, what you´ve been drinking lately? :biggrin: Just kidding... I see your point. You´re always welcome here!!

• Like 1

I'm sure at some point the 29K will get updated as well. Not like we're likely to see it in DCS World anytime soon (ED seems to have ignored the MiG-29s since the avionics got updated a bit for FC2), so SF2 is the only place to go for naval Fulcrum action!

I'm sure at some point the 29K will get updated as well. Not like we're likely to see it in DCS World anytime soon (ED seems to have ignored the MiG-29s since the avionics got updated a bit for FC2), so SF2 is the only place to go for naval Fulcrum action!

That's something I never understood about DCS why they don't update their exsisting aircraft to keep up with RL upgrades not only the mig-29 but the Su-25 upgrade to SM version would be great too.luckily i fly both DCS and SF2 sims so I can go to either to get the latest aircraft.

Its the fact that they're so anal retentive with the details.  It seems easy to the non-modder to bring in something but the level of work and detail is that way so it'll take some time to shift gears and so on.  It's not an easy process in the Eagle Dynamics/TFC mindset.  Granted they've had the Mig-29 code for a decade or so but still... it's not like they can turn on a dime and all of a sudden DCS: Mig-29K shows up.  There's a lot of research that goes into one jet.  Russian birds are easy granted but they'll (if they change it) will be probably be working on it within a year or two, not just swtich models and call it a day.  DCS under the hood is very complex so it'll be a minute before they remove it.  I mean the F-14 is still in there but my bet is once the Super Hornet gets introduced it'll disappear.

Edited by EricJ

Or we can get back to Flanker 2.51...  :biggrin:  Wondering If it will work on Win7.

It works. I have both Flanker 1 and 2.5 on my hd. Man I wish that they re release Flanker1 with hd graphic support. For me its trully best ED sim.

Since the community is getting a lot of skins,cockpits,etc for the SU-33 and Fubar is working on a SU-33,and the Russian navy SU-33 is being replaced by the mig-29K in 2015 would it be better to put more effort into updating the mig-29K in SF-2 to modern standards?i know russouk04 has a mig-29K that could probably use a updated cockpit.just a thought.http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/4/25/2291/

Did you delete from your install all the aircraft which were not operationnal anymore ?
  • Like 1