JonathanRL

X-Wing / TIE Fighter getting a digital release at last.

I'm just hoping we can add mission sets, like the original games. I've got hundreds and hundreds of them archived, made for the original DOS version, and I converted them to TF and XW.

I just wonder if we'll get all the ships; things from the Draconis Ship Patch are required for many of them.

I'm getting them for damn sure.

Never played them, If I have to pick one, should I start with X-wing??

That's a loaded question. I'd probably say yes, because the Rebel ships are easier to get in and succeed with from a point of no experience. TIE Fighter has the better story line, but the first part of the campaign you're in TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers which  have no shields, which means you can take 1 maybe 2 hits before you blow up!

They're both worthy of playing.

Oh, keep in mind for $10 each you get their expansions as well as the stock games, so what cost $80+ back in the 90s is now going to be $10.

I've got WC3 on Origin (I got it for free) and I've barely touched it, but I do intend on playing that again as well.

I played X-Wing long time ago (in a far away galaxy, ouppss, sorry)

Actually, I bought the full package in 1997 for 15 €

Edited by jeanba

I still have the Original games, this is just too cool.

Gog is a great retailer. And they tend to make good sales. So expect cheaper games someday. 

I have X-Wing v Tie Fighter, and X-Wing Alliance.  The latter had better graphics and models, but a weaker story line and missions. And, I recall picking up the first title on "discount" for $60.00 back in December of 1997!  By the time I picked up XWA, it was in the bargain-bin at the local CompUSA for like $10.00 (Summer of 2000 maybe?).

Great headsup..was one of my all time favourites

rats!!! located my archived mission sets, and they're all converted for XvT!!! Don't know where the originals are. NUTS!!!

well, maybe they'll do that one too.

also be cool if they redid SWOTL!!!

Is this the original X-wing and Tie Fighter or the X-Wing Collector Series versions which were updated to use the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter graphics engine?

I got them. Nice how GoG made them easy installable! And works like a charm!

(Yay!!!)

I'm still waiting for a special edition (old story with modern graphics and sound, like Monkey Island 1&2), but I'm afraid I'll be waiting uselesly for a looooong time. Of course I might think of buying these two just to see the full detail death star (I had to blow it to pieces using the lowest setting, because that was all my old computer coul afford).

when you dwonload on the site i notice 2 icons. both need to be dwonloaded or just one. i bought x-win so i can fly over the death star. it installed but gotta fix the mouse cursor as it is wobbling all over the place and the graphics are still like dos. from '93. i guess play with the settings menu some more. i tried driect x for graphics but will try open gl.