Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Anyone want to try out my Verdun re-dux terrain?

Slapped most of files together today. It's not 100% yet but should work just fine. I recommend a separate install just for Verdun. This way you don't have to worry about the wrong types of aircraft, vehicles, and soldiers showing up. And it's just easier to manage all files when they are all dedicated to one terrain.

So if anyone out there wants a go at it ( a bunch of files to install). Zipped up of course. let me know and I'll send you a copy of what I have so far.

post-33545-0-51514900-1415325643_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'd love to give it a shot!   :biggrin: 

Geezer

Your Verdun map will be a perfect testing ground for some models I have in development.  Example below is the Morane-Saulnier Type P.  The P was accepted for service by the French air service - to replace the obsolescent Type L/LA - on 31 March, 1916.  565 were built for the French, and it was widely used for recon/arty spotting through the autumn of 1917.  The Brits operated 106 P's, plus Russia operated a small number to supplement the 400 plus Type L/LA aircraft used until Russia's surrender.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 2

Ok guys give me a day or two . Trying to down size the file a bit to send. I'm only sending it to two members. I don't want it out there too much yet. It still need a little work.

• Like 2

hi guys, its been quite some time but i am back into fe2!! yay!!

really rusty since i last gave it a try and trying to remember the bits i had learned how to handle way back when

quack - is this new verdun terrain the one where you were going to place all of geezers wonderful ww1 airfield objects and people??

i was so excited to see the starts of that when i was last following and am hopeful they have now been put into the 'world'??

if so, i would also love to try a copy of your new Verdun terrain!! if that is ok?

i am sure i will have plenty of questions on the forum here again, but looking forward to getting back into this and maybe helping out some in near future as i learn more too

regards,  Ron

ooops sorry quack - i didn't read fully in my excitement ... i will wait until its ready! but please tell me more about it!

Ron

Forgive me for my indiscretion, but what the whole thing was over something? With the Morane-Saulnier Type P seems to be clear - if we see it, wery long time...) But as far as Verdun re-dux terrain - what are the results of these 'tests' and when you will see the fruit of your labours? I like this game and I'm really interested.

• Like 1

Could any of you that tested my Verdun terrain last year send me the .TFD and the .HFD files? PLEASE!    :help:

Could any of you that tested my Verdun terrain last year send me the .TFD and the .HFD files? PLEASE!    :help:

Attached are "Verdun" files that Stephen1918 sent me - we used Verdun as a temporary test world for our SCW stuff.  I'm not sure this is YOUR Verdun stuff, I just know that Steve used "Verdun" as a starting point.

Verdun-Spain.rar

post-39531-0-85524400-1470574777.jpg

• Like 1

Attached are "Verdun" files that Stephen1918 sent me - we used Verdun as a temporary test world for our SCW stuff.  I'm not sure this is YOUR Verdun stuff, I just know that Steve used "Verdun" as a starting point.

"Those are not the files we are looking for"...."Move along".

Thanks anyway Geezer. But those seem to be stock TFD and HFD files. I sent a few people my Verdun terrain a while back but I cant remember who tried it. The conversations in my messenger are gone (of course)

• Like 1

Good news!  Quack, check your PM.  I replaced my desktop earlier this year, so I dragged my old one out of the closet and found your mod!  :biggrin:

• Like 4

Good news!  Quack, check your PM.  I replaced my desktop earlier this year, so I dragged my old one out of the closet and found your mod!  :biggrin:

Splendid news indeed.

So I was able to obtain an older version of my Verdun.TFD and Verdun.HFD from about 11/2 ago. Problem is since then I have added a few hundred locations and highly altered the terrain height field. All my train track tiles were saved so that was a huge relief. Also the Targets.INI wasn't corrupted at all so all the target areas that I have added still remain. so I had to redo all the road tiles to all the new locations. Very tedious! but not the end of the world. So I have been adding all the new roads and fixing all airfields. Flattening the train tiles were I set the Movement.INI locations. So once again I will tell everyone that I'm almost done. It's only been three freakin years in the making. I know things will be off in some places but I don't have the time to fix it all this time. I just want to post what I have and fix things by requests I guess. I hope not too many people have lost interest in this stuff because I've noticed the members that post have been thinning lately. I might just make a simple download. Not too much text files read. I just don't have the time. We'll see.

• Like 4

So I was able to obtain an older version of my Verdun.TFD and Verdun.HFD from about 11/2 ago. Problem is since then I have added a few hundred locations and highly altered the terrain height field. All my train track tiles were saved so that was a huge relief. Also the Targets.INI wasn't corrupted at all so all the target areas that I have added still remain. so I had to redo all the road tiles to all the new locations. Very tedious! but not the end of the world. So I have been adding all the new roads and fixing all airfields. Flattening the train tiles were I set the Movement.INI locations. So once again I will tell everyone that I'm almost done. It's only been three freakin years in the making. I know things will be off in some places but I don't have the time to fix it all this time. I just want to post what I have and fix things by requests I guess. I hope not too many people have lost interest in this stuff because I've noticed the members that post have been thinning lately. I might just make a simple download. Not too much text files read. I just don't have the time. We'll see.

Anything worthwhile is worth waiting for. Thanks for all your work and for sharing it with us.

Great news! You've done so much work on this, even a "work-in-progress" version will be welcome.

Edited by Stephen1918
  • Like 2