F-5E Early Versions Pack

F-5E For Strike Fighters 2

"Early versions pack"

Version History:

v.1.0: First public release. Early versions without later refinements like RWR.

DESCRIPTION:

This addon can thank its release to the work of two talented individuals, FastCargo and BPao. FastCargo created the F-5F two seaters and BPao was the man behind the original Mirage Factory F-5E model. I was fortunate enough to get permission to work on these source models, with the goals of marrying the F-5E front section to the F-5F engine and wings which were quite a lot more detailed. It was supposed to be a quick project.

One year later:

I have completely reworked the F-5E nose, added a lot of stuff on the original fuselage and detailed both original templates to have higher detail textures. Meanwhile Sophocles graciously allowed me to use his superb F-5A cockpit as a basis to build my F-5E cockpit, in which I have also used parts based on FastCargos unfinished T-38 cockpit.

Included is two versions of the earlier production F-5E: a basic version dubbed '72 and an export specific version with a larger vertical stabilizator and spine antenna. This version is dubbed '74L (L for large vertical stablizator).

Happy flying!

Mats "Centurion" Liljeroos

FEATURES:

SF2 standard external model

2048^2 textures with normal maps

Realistic cockpit with avionics courtesy of Crusader

FM from original MirageFactory F-5E which flies really good.

OPERATORS COVERED IN THIS PACK:

USAF Agressor

USN Agressor

Brazil

Honduras

Chile

Marocco

IRIAF

Jordania

South Korea

Saudi Arabia

Thailand

South Vietnam

North Vietnam (captured from VNAF)

Ethiopia

Kenya

Indonesia

Tunisia

CREDITS:

Bpao and Mirage Factory crew: Orginal F-5E model and templates

FastCargo for original F-5F model

EricJ and pappychecksix for original F-5F templates and textures

Sophocles for his superb cockpit work. Every switch is a work of art.

Crusader for his ini file magic, really makes the cockpit and plane come alive.

Paulo for his mammoth decaling work which he allowed me to use. and even helped me by reworking some of it.

Me for cobbling all this together (=texturing and modeling work)

The rest of the Combat Ace community. Without you guys I would never have bothered to make it this far.

INSTALATTION:

Extract into mod folder of choice.

This by and large replaces the old F-5E by TMF, so you can go ahead and delete the F-5E aircraft folder if you have it installed.

NOTE:

The _74L version references the _72 versions cockpit folder, so if you aim to use the 74L standalone in some installation, copy the cockpit folder and F-5E_72_cockpit.ini file from the _72 folder to the _74L folder. Overwrite.

Stay tuned for more Tigers!

This falls under the Combatace Freeware License Agreement.

• Like 1

Beautiful!  Congratulations to the team!

• Like 1

Thanks! Enjoy, should make for a visually more appealing target for your DACT-ing  :biggrin: I plan on making more agressor skins, but time constraints and all that..

Awesome !

Thank you for this great mod, the cockpit is unbelievable.

Wonderful. So, any chance of a F-5A version for Norway? :D

I have a couple of questions.

First, in the readme file is says that the "F-5E_74L" has a larger vertical stabilizer than the "F-5E_72". However when I looked at both versions data files the numbers for the VertTail & Rudder are identical. Shouldn't the difference in the size of the vertical stabilizer the two aircraft have produce a slight variation upon the flight characteristics of each version?

Second, I also noticed that you have the afterburner using the "JetBurner.wav" sound file. The reason I am mentioning this is that when installing the aircraft I found that I have an "F5AB.wav" file in my sound folder. I checked and the file I have is apparently from the "Northop F-5E Tiger II" & "F-5E Tiger II Sharknose" that paulopanz uploaded. Is the choice of afterburner sound a deliberate artistic choice on you and your team's part? 

I have a couple of questions.

First, in the readme file is says that the "F-5E_74L" has a larger vertical stabilizer than the "F-5E_72". However when I looked at both versions data files the numbers for the VertTail & Rudder are identical. Shouldn't the difference in the size of the vertical stabilizer the two aircraft have produce a slight variation upon the flight characteristics of each version?

Second, I also noticed that you have the afterburner using the "JetBurner.wav" sound file. The reason I am mentioning this is that when installing the aircraft I found that I have an "F5AB.wav" file in my sound folder. I checked and the file I have is apparently from the "Northop F-5E Tiger II" & "F-5E Tiger II Sharknose" that paulopanz uploaded. Is the choice of afterburner sound a deliberate artistic choice on you and your team's part? 

Hi KJakker

Regarding the Vstab, that is an oversight on our/my part. Apologies. The problem is, my grasp of flight dynamics data in SF2 is quite limited, so I would need some help with that.

As for the afterburner, no it is not a very consious choice, more a remnant in old data files. Would you consider this F5AB.wav more realistic?

Wonderful. So, any chance of a F-5A version for Norway? :D

You would have to ask Sophocles about that, though his F-5A looked quite finished by the looks of it. Dag was making norwegian skins too.

Dear Centurion,

Thanks for your work.

Looks like this mod is not compatible with a June 2010 Version. Is it possible to make it work with a pre-SF2Na version?

great looking plane, nice update!

any plans for a template perhaps?

Its a amazing work, indeed!

Centurion-1 hasn't been on the forums for a long time so we may not get one.

50 minutes ago, wazalo68 said:

F-5E Last Versions Pack??????

These might be close to what you are looking for