Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

So would you?

A while back I posted about about a litlte corny game called Airport Firefighter Simulator. And recently I've been poking around for a aerial firefighter simulaor and haven't found one. Which begs the question if such a game existed where you could fly around and fight fires to save cities and things like that ... would you play it?

One was built for gen 1

The programmer that did Xtreme Air Racing and a Thunderbirds simulator also did a professional firefighting pilot training simulator. I always wondered why he didn't reuse the code to sell as a commercial game.

And the answer is yes.

If a decent simulator with a variety of aircraft that I like was made, I would enjoy trying to fight fires.

I would prefer realism, but a theatrical release that played on sight and sound immersion with a slant towards the movie, "Always", would be ok, too.

The graphics were never great... even a step backwards from SFP1's dated looking terrain engine.

But XAR, its descendent Redline XAR 2, and Thunder Over Vegas were still fun and unique.

So here is what the fire fighting simulation looked like:

That looks like it was an awesome game to play.

I think there are some firefighting missions in "Take on Helicopters"