Sign in to follow this  

I have recently purchased SF Gold and i want to play online but when i go to multiplayer it only gives me the option to connect VIA LAN and i cannot play on the normal internet i also have Gamespy Arcade but it doesnt show up as one of my games so if u cuyd help me i wud be very happy

any one at all? plkz i really want to play online

The way to get to multiplayer with SF Gold is via Hyperlobby. You have to go to the Strike Fighters room.

SF Gold is not 100% compatible with SFP1. It is missing the F-104G and C-130A. As such, you will not be able to play on a host server that has these aircraft installed.

If you find an SFP1 host willing to strip his install of the things you don't have, find an SF Gold host, or host the game yourself, then you shouldn't have any problems.

The main problem you will have is that there are only a handful of people playing Strike Fighters and Wings Over Vietnam online. Of those few, most are playing Wings Over Vietnam, which is why I have my host set up for WOV and not SFP1. I tried alternating between the two games daily, but WOV got dramatically far more traffic and IMO deserved the dedicated server.

If you can't find someone to play SF Gold with you online within a few days, let me know. I have a copy of SF Gold and would even be willing to act as a host if I knew someone would be there to fly.

P.S. All parties need the same version. I suggest you install the latest patch from Third Wire. You may want to consider having a clean and patched install separate from your main install if you have addons. Some addons don't work well with online play and more importantly, everyone playing must have everything the host has. Sticking to clean installs with official patches for online play keeps things simple and makes it easier to troubleshoot problems joining multiplayer sessions.

thank u very much mate i have been trying to get this info for an age