Sign in to follow this  
Cylix=JW=

About Mutliplayer Problem

Hello peoples,

I have been getting errors when trying to play multiplayer in HL. I kept getting black screens when I started the game and then it wouldn't responde, and I had to end task. But tonight Fast_Eagle told me that he might have a answer. He told me that i had to have a file in the NetCache folder in ur SFP1 folder. I checked and it wasnt there. It seems the patch left it out or something. The file he sent me was AircraftList. I put that in the folder tried multiplayer and it work just fine. If you are havin, this problem and want to try the file input thing eagle discovered, just e-mail me and I will send it to you. It worked for me and might as well give it a try. :lol: :D

It works fine now. Only had 1 CTD so far. 1 player is much better now. no CTDs or nothing. so just wanted to tell you guys that if you didnt already know.

Guest Ranger332

just post it here

Guest Ranger332

. F-104g F-104G Starfighter ª. ¼. ÿ MiG-21MF MiG-21MF Fishbed-J ². Ð. ÿ A-4b A-4B Skyhawk ¥. ². ð

F-4b F-4B Phantom II ª. Ã. ¿ F-4c F-4C Phantom II ¬. Ã. ÿ

A-4c A-4C Skyhawk §. ¶. ð

An-12 An-12BP Cub-A §. Ð. 0 C-130a C-130A Hercules ¤. Ð. 0 F-4d F-4D Phantom II ®. È. ÿ

MiG-21PFM MiG-21PFM Fishbed-F «. ·. ÿ. O-1e O-1E Bird Dog ¤. ². . Tu-22 Tu-22K Blinder-B ¬. È. P A-4e A-4E Skyhawk «. º. ð

B-57b B-57B Canberra £. °. ð F-100d F-100D Super Sabre ¤. ³. ÿ

F-4e F-4E Phantom II ¯. Ç. ÿ

Il-28 IL-28 Beagle ?. ². ð MiG-17F MiG-17F Fresco-C ¡. ¼. ÿ MiG-19S MiG-19S Farmer-C ¤. ¼. ÿ MiG-21F MiG-21F Fishbed-C §. ². ÿ Su-7BM Su-7BM Fitter-A ª. ². ò.

Guest Ranger332

this one?

yes that is the one.. i guess u already have it.. do you have the black screen problem? If you do you should try waiting long at the black screen.

The black screen is a result of SF loading..load times have increased quite a bit for multiplayer..this is one thing I have noticed..and, if you are joining a game as the host shuts it down..it can cause a VERY long black screen that will eventually load to the SF main menu allowing you to exit back out. Again, this is probably an issue with the lobbies. As far as errors go..you aren't going to be able to join a game unless you have the SAME mods as the host. This is why all mods, as previously discussed, need to be done through one central location, either here at biohaz, or at skunkworks. Those of you doing 3d models should contact them. They are in direct contact with TK much of the time and should be considered the "official" 3rd party developer site.

DK

The only mods I have are Deuces terrain, Flyable MiG's, The AH-1 and the RP-21 radar for the MiG-21's. These are pretty much purely cosmetic effects. With these mods, I was still able to enter into an MP game and I had no probs.

I think the real problems start when the DATA.ini's are modified to which all of mine are still original +patch.

Guest Ranger332

cyclix Thats the unedited first one you got the one your talking about is so post it for others :lol:

Hey Cyrix how we gonna e-mail you with no e-mail addy?Here's mine,please send me the file.seaace@comcast.net

if you go to Hyper Lobby and host a game..I guess it will work with joining one als but not sure,that dat. file shows up.I had an empty folder,hosted a game,and there it was.

OK here's my insight on the aircraftlist.dat. This is the file that the system checks when it's looking for differences.

If you have installed this game and the list is not there, you have to reinstall again or copy the file there from someone else.

I watched Cylix try all night last night. To join, to host, to join after the game starts, and nothing but black screen. When I tell him of the needed file and send to him...BAMMO now he can play, better than ever.

It will sit in black screen looking for this file, so guess what happens if you dont have it???

BSOD...Black Screen Of Death

If anyone needs this, my email, icq, homepage, and all the other good crap are at the bottom of the page. I will be glad to help

BTW the folder NetCache is added by the patch. It was never there before the patch, and I've noticed that it sometimes gets left empty after patching is done.

This can be fixed

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THIS FOLDER!!!!!!!!!

Guest Ranger332

while waiting with the black screen someting it will get program not responding sometimes it gets right in there as with fast eagle when we flew :wink:

Woops frogot to add my e-mail addy.. its on my profiel thought someone u might get it there, :lol: IF you need it e-mail me at warlord81286@earthlink.net

or you might try what eagle said, reinstalling, I know I didnt have it when I installed.