Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

A-10A Peanut Scheme, 47th TFS, 91 TFG

A-10A Peanut Scheme, 47th TFS, 91 TFG

A-10A Peanut Scheme Barksdale, CA (Aircraft 78-552)

This aircraft was painted in the “Peanut” scheme, a test pattern prior to deployment to the Persian Gulf for Desert Shield/Storm. However, the USAF decided against the scheme and left the European 1 scheme as standard. Given the various references I have I chose to depict the aircraft as such, as the serial number and pattern was more accurate rather than unit markings. Some did not have the green tips while one did, so I chose to make it more “assigned” to the 47th TFS, 917th TFG, Barksdale AFB, LA. Despite this I gave it a “used” look anyway as it added a lot of atmosphere to the aircraft.

Installation: Simply unzip the folder and extract the file into your Bazar\Liveries\A-10A (or optionally the C, though the only oddity noticed is the antenna behind the cockpit, otherwise it’s identical mapping) directory and go into the simulation go to the Payload section and for the Liveries drop down menu select “47th TFS, 917th TFG” and go fly.

I love this scheme. 

With the weathering it does to me now, but before I applied that it was a bit meh.  I prefer the European 1 though still.

• Like 1