The nostalgic feels from a year ago are hitting me pretty hard right now. I miss deployment. So, I'm going to make a mission pack for the time when I was there, August 2013 to April 2014. No, I'm not making eight months worth of missions!

Missions will be flown out of Kandahar Air Field for the most part, because that's where I was, and most missions will probably be flown in Regional Command South. One aircraft will be flown out of Bagram. I've already got an order of battle for the time frame. Of course I don't need one for Army Aviation's assets!

Aircraft:

F-16C

Tornado GR4

A-10C

AH-64D*

*Do we have an AH-64D Apache? That's a D model without the Longbow radar. US Apaches operate in Afghanistan without Longbow.

And of course there will be plenty of other AI aircraft. Those without access to the A-team website will miss out on AI helicopters and UAVs flying around though.

If you don't like slow missions, CAS, or armed recon, these aren't the missions for you. Return to fighting MiGs over Hanoi.

No screenshots yet because I haven't started anything. Still hunting down aircraft, textures, and ground objects. And this OOB is huge. Might be a couple days before any update.

• Like 4

A real man would make 8 months worth of missions. :lol:

• Like 1

Sounds interesting, will keep and eye here. Thanks Viggen!

if the Apache doesn't have a w/o radar version you should be able to remove it same as you would antennea

will this mod come with the smoke breaks known as rocket attacks?  and will there be 2009 version with that sexy voiced girl that announced rocket attacks? i mean  we were talking sexy husky from the get go not desert queen 6 months in.......................................................

• Like 1

If SF2 was that detailed, I think it would be awesome if we could scramble some Kiowas as Miranda said "Rocket Attack. Rocket Attack," and commence gun runs on the guys shooting rockets at Mustang Ramp from those villages to the north.

RAF set off the alarm a couple times when their Tornados would do low and fast passes.

Edited by Viggen

person on the alarm must have just as as sleepy as back then. course i had the fun of going to the Brit dfac same time as one landed a block from my company. the alarm didn't go off until 45 minutes after impact, while me and my joes were still in the brits ao.  ask them whats up and they say "f ck if i know mate" and keeps walking. had to deal with a highly pissed 1SG when we got back to our mods.  in our defense we really didn't hear it go off......

point 1  that is why i had a roshan phone for most of 2009..

point 2  make any game that detailed and holy shite!!!!!

And of course there will be plenty of other AI aircraft. Those without access to the A-team website will miss out on AI helicopters and UAVs flying around though.

We have a couple of versions of the MQ-9 Reaper here:

http://combatace.com/files/file/13153-mq-9-reaper/

http://combatace.com/files/file/14654-mq-9-new-mod/

• Thanks 1

I realize this thread is four plus years old, but I'd like to see and help make this happen.  Be nice to simulate the Afghani wars... from the 1980s with Hinds and the 2000s with frankly every model in the entire US & NATO military aviation fleet from drones to B-2s until today with Tucanos and Texan IIs.