Sign in to follow this  
amariani

New joystick needed

Hi all, time to upgrade. My Saitek Evo joystick has finally ended its usefull life (almost 10 years - the darn thing refuses to roll left)!

Any suggestions what's out there? Nothing fancy, anything under $100 will do!

This Thrustmaster isn't the best, but not bad. Has a throttle that can be separated from the joystick if you prefer a more comfortable position.  Rudder is a twist rudder in the joystick handle.  A few programmable buttons on both the throttle and joystick.  Used to be around $50.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tflight-hotas-x

That's what I have now and after about a month I've gotten used to the detent (use it as a cheap cruise control sometimes) and yeah i could like any stick, use moar buttons but for Arma 3 its enough and with modifiers works well with SF2 and DCS.  Overall I'm happy with it though sometimes the detent is still a little bit annoying and as Geary said, breaking it into two pieces (by design now....) makes it a bit easier to spread out and relax and fly with it.

Thanks guys! Just ordered the one without the HOTAS, should be here during the week!