Coupi

From my home: CA very slow!

Hello guys,

CA is very slow! Pages access and downloads...

... I've checked with other sites (Thirdwire to compare for example) no problem the sites are fast as usually.

Before to alert you I've checked also my system (connection, PC, anti-virus).

If you could help me many thanks for advance,

Best regards

Pierre.

Edited by Coupi

Hi SupGen

... I live in Bordeaux I've tested my downloading rate: 24 ko/s instead of 400 ko/s usually!

Tested 5 minutes ago at Thirdwire: 650 ko/s

Edited by Coupi

I'm also okay in the UK on my download (5mb/s)

So we're okay :)

Your provider is likely doing some work.

Restart the router if you have one.

If you are on WiFi  - Can you test with an Ethernet cable directly into the router?

Do you have multiple browsers installed? - you can try one of the others?

Ok MigBuster,

Thank you! good.gif.pagespeed.ce.PoYRIVsMjL.gif

I live in France, and I have it slow too.

Ile de France

Même galère ; ^)

• Like 1

Coupi -

I put in a trouble ticket for this. Routing to you from us has some issues in the transatlantic hop but I have no idea why we're routing that way unless you're on a DSL line. Either way it appears it's in the carryover to Europe which is totally out of our hands. I'll see what our upstream can tell me, don't hold your breath though it's beyond them as well.

Thanks.

Only for info

post-46431-0-92167500-1417099981.jpg

Today it's better :^)

And I've just learned how to run the ping test \0/ lol

PS : If someone finds a ping in the Atlantic Ocean it's mine

post-46431-0-85098500-1417102644.jpg

Edited by Cliff7600

In the second one I see a timeout error, that's packet loss which means slow connection speeds.

Can you trace route to us and provide the output? Do the same thing as you did to ping but instead type C:> tracert combatace.com

Then provide the results.

Thank you.

Hello guys,

Many thanks to all! bye.gif.pagespeed.ce.aRkSaQi2W_.gif

I'm waiting for the restoring of the Atlantic quality connection with patience... read.gif.pagespeed.ce.kBTFaRK3uN.gif

I share a drink with you with pleasure!drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

Best regards,

Pierre.

Here the results :

post-46431-0-78577500-1417110224.jpg

post-46431-0-32628500-1417110254.jpg

:drinks: t'as pensé aux chips?

Cheers!

Edited by Cliff7600
  • Like 1

That's just weird not a single router responded to an ICMP request until you got to us. 156ms to us from France is really good. I'm surprised your speeds would be slow. Have you contacted your ISPs about this and if so what did they say?

I didn't called them or e-mail them. Just this thread.

I personally don't think they're able to fix anything. The aftermarket services are... not good.

If anyone wants to try, good luck!

Hello,

Yesterday I tried to contact my provider... it could't help me, just it verified my general internet access! Ok for my box/PC and link.

Impossible to use the CA download section too slow.

Coupi

Coupi -

I want to help so I need some more information from you or it's going to be really hard. I need to see a trace route from your computer to ours. Open a command window and at the prompt type "tracert combatace.com" just like Cliff7600 did above. I've done some preliminary testing but without a route structure to you my ISP can't contact the upstream.

We're on a 10GBs down 1GBs up port which is equivalent to 125Mbs up in theory so speed shouldn't be an issue. Here's a test result from our machine.

3945840419.png

Give me the above information and I'll get it to them so they can do the research.

Thanks.

Hello Erik,

Thanks a lot for your help! bye.gif.pagespeed.ce.aRkSaQi2W_.gif 

Around 10:00 (In France) I've tested and I've these data:

.Test ADSL (5 Meg/Orange.fr my provider)

.Test CA Download section (before around 280ko/s)

Test Thirdwire Download section

.Test Tracert

.Test Ping

Best regards,

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

Okay let me see what I can come up with. Thank you for the information. Support ticket filed with our ISP. 

I'm making progress on our end. I need to contact you privately so I'll send you a private message PM and we'll continue this conversation there.

Thanks.

Resolved. 

• Like 1

In Idaho, speed varies, but is OK most of the time, but Yeah, a little slow at times.

99.9% of the time it's not going to be about this site or the bandwidth. We're connected to some of the best upstream available. Granted we don't have servers in every region of the globe like facebook or twitter but we could if the funds were there to do it. Back to the issue at hand downloading from us usually won't be how well we can upload the data and on which route but more usually how well you can receive the data. The end point (ISP customers) are far more likely to have issues than our single point of origination, if that makes sense. So steps you can do to help me before anyone makes a blanket your site is slow (which I take personally) is to do the very basics of diagnosing the issue before posting. Provide me with the following. 1) A ping test with at least 40 constant pings. 2) A traceroute to our server from your machine. 3) A speedtest from your machine showing your speeds. I'm happy to work with anyone to resolve an issue and especially if it's on our end because if it's us everyone is being affected not just single members (which is why it's usually not us). Also keep in mind if you're not on a subscription plan your speeds from us will be slower, that's just one of the perks.

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Erik