I know there can be multiple tire nodes, (001,002,ect.) in the landing gear section of the Data.ini. Can there be more then one shock on the same gear? Meaning just the Left Main Gear. With a different AnimationId?

Shock001 ID3

Shock002 ID4

???

Edited by RAVEN

Not sure what do you mean, multiple absorbers in the same direction?  I have such on the Kamov -25  main gear,  but they belong to the same animation. The Shockstroke value equals with the distance the Tire (the point where it touches the ground) travels between the two extreme positions.  (on the Z axis of the plane)  As I experienced, if this value is set up badly, it can cause the plane to make a salto and crash when launched from a carrier.

Dont think you can raven....but you could add fake gear entry with shocks and you then have a setting for it...

I thought as much, but I'm going to try it on my test AC anyway after work.

Thanks all.

I think I have it worked out. Fake gear method. And it won't need to be animated. By setting the front Axel node as a shock, movement Z with a very small travel range I can get both axels / wheels to equalize on the ground. The rest of the values I think will have to match so it won't bounce. On a second note I think that the "shock travel Z entry's might be interfering with animated shocks causing too much bounce / travel? Will have to test the theory.

The fake damper theory is one of the most interesting thing I have read in the past years about SF2. Thanks guys for this info!!!!

:biggrin: