Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Meanwhile in North Korea

North Korean Leader poses next to a takes shots of Mig female fighter pilots.

An always smiling Kim Jong Un visited a North Korean airstrip where he met, congratulated and took pictures of the first two female fighter pilots posing in front of their jets.

“I am very satisfied and pleased to see the emergence of excellent female pilots and their brave flight in a matter of just a few months after I gave orders to train them,” North Korea’s Supreme Leader said according to the state agency KCNA.

North Korea’s Air Force inducted the first unit for women in 1993 but until today, pilots were not qualified for fighter jets.

Indeed, the first Korean People’s Army Air Force’s female pilots must be brave to fly the obsolete Soviet-era Migs with flight gear which looks like the one used in the ’60s or ’70s.

Although when and where the images were taken was not unveiled, the airfield may be Sunan International Airport in Pyongyang.

Kim-Jong-Un-female-fighter-pilots.jpeg

Kim-visit.jpg

http://theaviationist.com/2014/11/28/kim-jong-un-mig-15-female/

So many jokes ... so little space to write them.

and you just know they will be sent to a gulag when they inevidably ding the plane trying to drive them into a hanger. ;)

MiG-17 or J-5? Man I hope those girls use that only for training.

• Like 1

I'm afraid these are genuine  MiG-15s...

• Like 1

May some enthusiastics could direct a nice TV movie on this. Kind of Steal the Sky 2.

Edited by B52STRATO

and you just know they will be sent to a gulag when they inevidably ding the plane trying to drive them into a hanger. ;)

They wont be sent to a gulag, they are going to be shot on the spot for ruining the most advanced fighter in their arsenal...

Edited by 5tipe

They wont be sent to a gulag, they are going to be shot on the spot for ruining the most advanced fighter in their arsenal...

Yes these planes took years and years of research by the best in the business. This aircraft will protect the ... heh heh...dear leader's nation (or big brother's nation like BB straight up too) I swear evertime I see or read something from N Korea its like looking at an actual working 1984 type society.

• Like 1

They got stuck in 1984

More like 1954.

• Like 1

Lol, when I saw that someone has written something it this topic I knew it would be "more like 195?"

I think they are good looking ladies and they certainly have balls to ride those old steel gadgets, no matter where they are from. Good on them!

Back in the days around the fall of the wall we used to say to ourselves "we are 25-30 years behind the west". It is not how much you are behind, but how you can overcome the gap. now we say we are 40-50 years behind in some areas....

Beside you fly what you have and fight with what you got, spears, bows, muskets, laser cats, etc.. ask a Gurkha what weapon he needs...

I think they are good looking ladies and they certainly have balls to ride those old steel gadgets, no matter where they are from. Good on them!

I think that they dont exactly have balls, but there the Fagot is considered as quite safe...

I'm afraid these are genuine  MiG-15s...

Exactly. They have two fences on the wing, so they are MiG-15. The MiG-17 have 3 fences.

These images of MiG-15s still serving as frontline fighters sure aren't helping Kim Jong Un make his country look powerful.

I wonder if he even thought of this before sharing them with the world?

Edited by warthog64

Someone mentioned how the planes could withstand the EMP from a nuclear blast and if things heat up those planes would still fly while the newer aircraft would be SOL. I asked a buddy of mine about this and he asked me "Why do you think our planes have been EMP shielding?" ... to which I replied "Touche"

More like 1954.

Yeah.

Although to be fair, those are just for training. When they jumped me in 1983, it was a pair of Mig-21's.

Yeah.

Although to be fair, those are just for training. When they jumped me in 1983, it was a pair of Mig-21's.

Really - were you in disputed airspace?

On the other hand you could probably expect to be jumped by the same bort codes in 2014.  :biggrin: