Inspired by a vid from a few years back - thought it needed to be redone in the premier F-4 sim. 

• Like 12

Nice tribute!

Images and music aside... what I got out of the video was the stock F-4 engine sound and "One, two's airborne!".

I heard those engines for countless hours and that call from my wingman countless times.

There is still no better sim for flying an F-4 in combat than Third Wire's Strike Fighters series.

There are only two other sims or more correctly sim engines I know of that even came close: Jane's Fighters Anthology (previously Naval Fighters) and Jane's USAF (previously IAF).

But Chuck Yeager's Air Combat deserves an honorary mention as the first sim I ever played that let me shoot down a MiG with an F-4 :)

Nice job MigBuster!....... Keep em comming.

Awww SH3 GWX mod main soundtrack, loving it. I thought I would have good surprises when subscribing to your channel a week ago, and I'm not disappointed!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] McDonnell Douglas F-4M USAFE
      McDonnell Douglas F-4M (USAF) Phantom for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-4M_75 to give a fictional USAFE Phantom F-4M with markings for all three squadrons of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath during the mid 1970's.

BACKSTORY
      During late 1966 with the USA getting more and more embroiled in the Vietnam war it was decided to re-equip several USAFE units with the British licence-built F-4M so as to release older tactical aircraft such as the F-100D and F-105D for Vietnam where attrition was now a very serious issue. 
      McDonnell Douglas had already brought together a UK sub-contracting team consisting of BAC, Hawker Siddeley, Rolls-Royce (for the Spey turbofan engines) and Shorts with final assembly and flight testing being carried out at St. Louis but, with one eye on the European market, McDonnell Douglas moved final assembly to Brough (North Humberside) with flight testing at Holme on Spalding Moor. This decision came a bit late for the Royal Navy whose F-4K aircraft continued to be assembled and flight tested in the USA but all F-4M's were produced in the UK with all odd production numbers being allocated to the RAF and all even numbers to the USAFE with Lakenheath and Bitburg becoming the first USAFE wings to re-equip with the type.
      Entering service with the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath in England in 1970 the F-4M's received a modest upgrade during 1973-1974 to emerge with the Marconi ARI18228 RWR mounted on the fintip and also gained 'slimer' formation-keeping strip lights. The USAF F-4M's had a relatively long career with USAFE and were eventually replaced by F-15E's during 1990 and just missed out on participation in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 16th, 2024.
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 01/23/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas F-4M (USAF) Phantom for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2:Europe
      This is a simple mod of the stock F-4M_75 to give a fictional USAFE Phantom F-4M with markings for all three squadrons of the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath during the mid 1970's.

BACKSTORY
      During late 1966 with the USA getting more and more embroiled in the Vietnam war it was decided to re-equip several USAFE units with the British licence-built F-4M so as to release older tactical aircraft such as the F-100D and F-105D for Vietnam where attrition was now a very serious issue. 
      McDonnell Douglas had already brought together a UK sub-contracting team consisting of BAC, Hawker Siddeley, Rolls-Royce (for the Spey turbofan engines) and Shorts with final assembly and flight testing being carried out at St. Louis but, with one eye on the European market, McDonnell Douglas moved final assembly to Brough (North Humberside) with flight testing at Holme on Spalding Moor. This decision came a bit late for the Royal Navy whose F-4K aircraft continued to be assembled and flight tested in the USA but all F-4M's were produced in the UK with all odd production numbers being allocated to the RAF and all even numbers to the USAFE with Lakenheath and Bitburg becoming the first USAFE wings to re-equip with the type.
      Entering service with the 48th Tactical Fighter Wing based at RAF Lakenheath in England in 1970 the F-4M's received a modest upgrade during 1973-1974 to emerge with the Marconi ARI18228 RWR mounted on the fintip and also gained 'slimer' formation-keeping strip lights. The USAF F-4M's had a relatively long career with USAFE and were eventually replaced by F-15E's during 1990 and just missed out on participation in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the F-4M_74 folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - February 16th, 2024.
    • By kosmo92
      Hi i have little problem with my F-4 Phantom Fleet in SF2 North Atlantic. Each one  F-4 have black cockpit only with working radar , other avionics is not working . How to fix it ?

• By Sheriff
      Back into SF2V after a long break with Il-2 Strurmovik.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..