Sign in to follow this  
ricnunes

Issue with Carriers in Operation Desert Storm mod (SF2)

I've been playing with the Operation Desert Storm mod for SF2 lately and I found an another problem related with this mod, this one related to the carriers.
One of the planes that I've been playing with this mod the most has been the F-14.
But I have a problem  when trying to land the F-14 (and I suspect any other aircraft as well) on some carriers, the aircraft will "sink" inside the carrier instead of keeping itself with the wheels on the carrier's deck!! If I apply enough power than I can literally go thru the carrier and leave it behind (my aircraft doesn't explode while "sinking" and flying inside the carrier) or else it will end up crashing on the water!
This issue doesn't seem to happen with all carriers (only with some).

So, is how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for replies.

That sounds like a carrier that's missing a deck LOD statement in its data file.

I've got the same problem whit aircraft carrier ... will be possible to make some new Class carriers.

Would be a good thing to improve the fleets in SF2 NA. Nimitz and Kitty Hawk are not enought.

ricnunes:

As BlueCaneCorso suggested, the fix is in the Update package. The problem isn't that the deck LOD statement is missing in the carrier's data.ini file; it's that it's in the wrong format. And, yes, the format does matter depending on whether you're using an install with or without SF2NA. The default install has the format incorrect in one instance (forget which, SF2NA or non-SF2NA). If you apply the Update correctly, the issue will be resolved.

Eric Howes

I've got the same problem whit aircraft carrier ... will be possible to make some new Class carriers.

Would be a good thing to improve the fleets in SF2 NA. Nimitz and Kitty Hawk are not enought.

Really? Not enough? Did you try the new Midway class? By the way the forrestal class is in appearance very close to the Kitty Hawk class , and futhermore there is a CV-60 model avaible for Strike Fighters game series somewhere.

Have you installed the update pack that was released for ODS?  I had a similar issue which was fixed after the update.  

http://combatace.com/topic/71944-update-1-for-sf2e-ods/

Actually I didn't have the update installed (I didn't know that there was one) but after installing it, it really seems to have solved my problem!

Thanks BlueCaneCorso for the reply and for pointing out the update's download link!

And of course, thanks to the others as well for trying to help me.