Sign in to follow this  
RAVEN

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP!

Today was not fun. My 3d work HardDrive Failed. So I installed a new drive, I've recovered 99.9% of my 3d Max files. I only lost the last few days of work. The sad part is I was going to BackUp the recent work yesterday, but Na! I'll just do it tomorrow. Well it's tomorrow and all of it is lost. So NEVER WAIT! BACK IT UP NOW.

Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Edited by RAVEN
  • Like 2

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Blessed be the programmer who coded the Data Recovery Program. Recuva. I recovered all my work. This free program is wonderful.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

It is a "Must Have".

And I just BackedUp the recovered Data!!!

:)

Raven

Edited by RAVEN
  • Like 2

Yeah man Recuva don't mess around. I still have it on an old flashdrive

(Oh its a great program for recovering deleted emails for those that are doing the spy thing)

But for other people like me who needed something recovered ... yeah it no mess around I stand by it too.

One drawback I noticed, if try to recover too many files at once, some of them are recovered at 0 bytes, but it might just be my ( pick your own word) crashed HardDrive. If I go back in and just get the one or two files, their fine. I'm taking the time to check every recovered file.

Not to rub it in, as I have gotten burned too many times. I now make a backup of my work laptop every Sunday. External USB's are so cheap now. Hope the recovery goes smooth for you.

I had it happen to me a few times, once I had an HDD fail on me, no way I could get to anything because the drive physically malfunctioned.

Recently, my copy of Windows became corrupted, could not get it to boot no matter what I did in the recovery console and even tried to boot the drive on another system as a secondary drive. Spent weeks trying to recover, restore, and repair, nothing worked.

Finally I had to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows all over again, on the plus side I did not loose much (only my copy of Strike Fighters 2 and the keys) and was able to move the old Windows files to another drive using partition magic.

I vowed never again, and have stocked up on sd cards, flash drives, and a back USB hdd.

I picked up another 1TB USB drive today and I'm cloning my work drive. From now on all 3d work and Mod changes will be backed up daily. On 1 of my backup drives and the whole drive backed once a week on the new drive. I'm still sorting things out. So far the only thing I lost is time.

My desktop hard drive recently failed, but I had months of notice. It started as slow disk access - I was told it might be a bad RAM stick. But finally was unable to copy a file from the drive to an external. Started the Checkdsk routine with daily bad sectors and bad files. It was only a matter of time and it finally refused to boot - blue stop screen saying bad boot sector. Backup is routine.