Sign in to follow this  
Fatman

Can not land on Aircraft Carrier

12/03/14

Downloaded SF2 Europe and installed Desert Strom and SF2E_ODS_Update1 to have Aircraft Carriers.

( The Problem )  You can take-off from the carrier, when you return from the mission and try to land the aircraft

you go right through the flight deck in the water.

Can someone help me with the problem.

Thank You

Fatman

I always said that SF2 needs of new carrier, I've got the same problem one year ago, since I've installed ODS for SF2 Europe.

How is possible to create new ship to improve SF2 ?

If some modder would like to create new carrier I've many material and blue-prints to send.

Please Centurion ... will be possible ?

I've an idea : to implement in SF2V and NA whit early Midway , Coral Sea, Class Forrestal, USS America and USs Kennedy.

I'm busy whit Flying Quixote activities, but I've so many file to give to create new carriers?

Who can I help ?

Midway and Coral Sea are the same class of carriers, along with the Franklin D Roosevelt. All three were Midway Class carriers. Only one, the Midway, was spared from being cut up into razor blades, and she is in San Diego as a Museum

Antares, is it safe to assume you don't have a full 5 merged install???  Cause a lot of them boats already exist.

If you want to have these ships, I'd suggest getting 3ds Max and building them yourself. There's 2 people building ships around here, and they're up to their asses in bilge water with their projects.

THAT's how you can help.

as to the MIdway class, a simple decal can replicate them, via the ship's Names.ini. Which, iirc, was done on those recently released

• Like 1

Midway and Coral Sea are the same class of carriers, along with the Franklin D Roosevelt. All three were Midway Class carriers. Only one, the Midway, was spared from being cut up into razor blades, and she is in San Diego as a Museum

Yes Same class as built but, in the end they were very very different beasty's to say the least.

I've all full 5 merged ...  don't care , I'm just working for, but structure's ship is diffrent in flight-deck

Oh lá lá  :angry:

I've all full 5 merged ...  don't care , I'm just working for, but structure's ship is diffrent in flight-deck

My model represents a totally accurate SCB-110 1.1 version of the Midway class aircraft carrier. That means that you have a totally accurate CV-42 from 1956 up to 1978 and a totally accurate CV-41 from 1958 up to 1966 and CV-43 from 1957 up to 1970. 

Ok, so you prefer to have this version:

640px-USS_Midway%3B024105.jpg

Don't worry you can get it here:

http://yankeeairpirate.net/yankee-air-pirate-3/

• Like 2