Sign in to follow this  
AJAY67

Couple of WoV issues - and some questions

Hi community,

Long time since I've been here (apologies) and just as long since I've had any time to do any simming. Finally managed to get SF2 Vietnam back on my box, but I've got a couple of issues and a couple of questions please.

I did a brand new install of the sim, updated it, and then finally added eBurgers awesome Vietnam add on, and all of the updates. However, I've stumbled on some issues with the A-1 and the A-6, the images below will demonstrate. With the A-1, I decided to add Stary's cockpit, but there seems to be a "shell" of another cockpit on the outside of it, thus:

vwuxkl.jpg

Now, with the A-6 (and I thought this was in the original game complete) I have no panel at all:

14iesgp.jpg

I know I'm missing something really simple here. Lastly, my two final questions please:

1. Is it worth adding Stary's Green Hell 3.5 to this add-on?

2. Can I add Stary's effects, or are they already a part of this add-on?

3. Can I add the latest Sarcasm mod, or is that included as well?

Once again, thanks for everybody's help in advance. Awesome community we have here.

AJ.

The the  A-6 isn't a flyable airplane in the stock install. You will have to probably extract it from one of the cat files.

For the A-1H / J check out these files: http://combatace.com/files/category/612-a-1/

A-6s are AI planes only in SF2 series. You can add the WoV cockpit or maybe the one from Razbam (if you got their Intruders)

Yes it is worth adding Green Hell. You can add the effects & the Sarcasm mod. 

Hi Soulfreak,

Thanks for your advice, but perhaps you misunderstood me on a copuple of points.

Firstly, it seems that eBurgers Vietnam campaign / add ons gave me the A-6 cockpit, and also the option to add Stary's cockpit to the A-1. All A-6's and A-1's are already flyable in eBurgers mod, and I've confirmed that nothing is nested, and the .ini files are correct. With the A-6. I cannot see the .LOD file in the folder though, so perhaps I will have to try to extract that.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

yes, you MUST have the A-6 cockpit LOD INSIDE the /cockpit folder. That lod, and the associated textures (bmp & tga) must also reside in the /cockpit folder.

Why not use Dels magnificent cockpits for the SPADs??? They're 100% correct

direct link:

http://combatace.com/files/file/12337-flyable-a-1hj-skyraider-for-sf2v-ver-10/

All sorted now, thank you very much everybody.

How soon one forgets at my age.....lol.

Andrew.

Dels made a nice A-1H/J cockpit. For the KAW mod,

But I dont know if/where the cockpit is available.

Otto, it's in the link I provided above. It's just the cockpit, and data inis (as the 'remove/hide component trick' is used to take away the outside model's windscreen frame)

Ah OK

Only saw you mentioned "something with A-6" .... too fast... :skull:

Sorry guys, I've noticed two more issues that I cannot solve, perhaps eBurger may know as he put the package together.

1. Both variants of the A-6 are carrying four drop tanks, even when you don't load them.

2. That A-26 has two pilots to your right; one the static one designed for the aircraft, and another the default Thirdwire jet pilot. Would like to remove him.

3. I remember that there was also file(s) here for more and more visible SAM's. Can anybody help please?

Love this mod, certainly no picnic over Vietnamese skies.

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Hmmm,

I did apply those updates, sure that I never missed anything. But I will download and try again. Any particular file within the pack that fixes the issue please?

Thanks again,

Andrew.

Eric,

I downloaded and extracted the update, and compared it to the files in my installation. All of the file dates, sizes, and properties match. The A-6 tanks are my only issue, perhaps there's a way around it. One thing I did notice, is in the A-6 data.ini in the weapons field, there was a reference to a drop tank that I did not find in my weapons folder. I will look again today, not sure if this would make a difference.

Andrew.

Andrew:

Then the update wasn't applied correctly. There is a special set of files for the later patch levels that use an A-6 model with the tanks built into the model. Those files are in the \2_Mar2012_Patch_Level of Part 1 of the update.

The files that you have installed do not handle that newer model correctly -- that's why you're seeing those tanks even when they're not loaded. If you install the correct files for the later patch levels, the problem will be solved.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Up and running fine :-)

Many thanks for everybody's help.

Andrew.