Sign in to follow this  
pieisgood

Day/Night cycles all funky.

I was testing out a custom mission and noticed that is was dark VERY early. After doing a little testing around, I noticed that the day/night cycles in my game are messed up. I happen to know that in the month of November, Mescalero does not have sunset at 3pm and the UK does not experience perpetual night. The only mod I recently added that I can think of having any possible connection was the NIGHT mod (http://combatace.com/files/file/14247-night-mod-for-sf2/) but looking at the ini I cant see any way that it would cause this. Does anybody have any clues as to where I could go in my files to rectify this weird issue?

I have the same problem when using the GermanyCE map upgraded by Stary.

The latitude and longitude values in the offending terrain's .ini file are probably not correct.  In fact, I'd say that they have been inadvertently reversed .

• Like 1

I was testing out a custom mission and noticed that is was dark VERY early. After doing a little testing around, I noticed that the day/night cycles in my game are messed up. I happen to know that in the month of November, Mescalero does not have sunset at 3pm and the UK does not experience perpetual night. The only mod I recently added that I can think of having any possible connection was the NIGHT mod (http://combatace.com/files/file/14247-night-mod-for-sf2/) but looking at the ini I cant see any way that it would cause this. Does anybody have any clues as to where I could go in my files to rectify this weird issue?

Just for grins, go into your flight folder, look for the environmentsystem.ini, open it up, and see if the first section matches this:

[EnvironmentSystem]

UpdateRate=60.0

InclinationAngle=23.5

Latitude=34.0

Edited by Fubar512

No, it looked like this for some reason:

[EnvironmentSystem]
UpdateRate=60.0
InclinationAngle=60
//23.5
Latitude=0.0
//34.0

I changed it to match what you posted previously and the problem seems to have been fixed. Using Alt+C I went through the entire cycle and it looked to be spot on.

23.5 is the earth's inclination angle in real life.  Why would someone set it at an angle more akin to that of Uranus (or possibly, their anus), is beyond me. :dunno:

• Like 1