Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

Gloster Javelin FAW. 8-9-9R pack

Gloster Javelin FAW. 8-9-9R pack

The Gloster Javelin was a twin-engined all-weather interceptor aircraft that served with Britain's Royal Air Force in the late 1950s and most of the 1960s. It was a T-tailed delta-wing aircraft designed for night and all-weather operations and was the last aircraft design to bear the Gloster name. Introduced in 1956 after a lengthy development period, the aircraft received several upgrades during production to its engines, radar and weapons, including support for the De Havilland Firestreak air-to-air missile.

The Javelin was succeeded in the interceptor role by the English Electric Lightning, a supersonic aircraft capable of flying more than double the Javelin's top speed, which was introduced into the RAF only a few years later. The Javelin served for much of its life alongside the Lightning; the last Javelins were withdrawn from operational service in 1968 following the induction of successively more-capable versions of the Lightning.

FAW 8 Upgraded Sa.7R engines with reheat, raising thrust to 12,300 lbf (54.7 kN) thrust above 20,000 ft (6,100 m); at lower altitudes, the limitation of the fuel pump caused a loss of cold thrust. New "drooped" wing leading edge and auto-stabilizer for better handling. Short nose.

FAW 9 A total of 118 FAW 7s refitted with the revised wing and engines of the Mk 8. Wet pylons. Long nose.

FAW 9R (range) fuel probe added.

Special test modified plane.

What's in:

- 4 new planes;

- 18 new skins;

- Historical decalsets by plane;

- open canopy 10 key auto closing at take off;

- weapons

- pilots

- guns

- New screens;

- loadout.tga;

Credits:

- VELTRO2k - plane model 2.0;

- Baffmeister FM;

- Paulopanz - Skins, Decals, screens;

Install:

- all mod folder content in your mod install

- overwrite

* not to be used with anything that is payware statement

V. 1.05

Fixes this (you can do by youself if you have 1.0 Javs) in all 4 data.inis:

[Engine2]

ReferenceName=Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire SA.7R

SystemType=JET_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL

EngineID=1 -----> 2 (change this 1 to 2)

HasAfterburner=TRUE

NumAfterburnerStages=1

SLThrustDry=48900.0

SLThrustWet=54713.0

Thanks Eric.

:smile2:

That's all

Enjoy

@ paulopanz

• Like 2

VERY nice!!!

A great addition to the game my hat off to all involved

Edited by Eole2

always wondered what the ground attack version would have looked like

Several variants were proposed and investigated but not produced, including reconnaissance versions, a fighter bomber version with underwing panniers for bombs, and a supersonic variant with area-ruled fuselage, thinner wings, and a new tail. The "thin-wing Javelin" would have been capable of about Mach 1.6, with a higher ceiling than contemporary US designs. Initial work started with fitting a thinner-section wing to a Javelin fuselage but as the project developed the changes became so great that it would effectively have been a different aircraft albeit having an outward resemblance to the Javelin. The final incarnation of the thin-wing Javelin just before cancellation was a large aircraft carrying two Red Dean all-aspect missiles as a possible contender for Operational Requirement F.155.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Javelin

• Like 1

always wondered what the ground attack version would have looked like

Several variants were proposed and investigated but not produced, including reconnaissance versions, a fighter bomber version with underwing panniers for bombs, and a supersonic variant with area-ruled fuselage, thinner wings, and a new tail. The "thin-wing Javelin" would have been capable of about Mach 1.6, with a higher ceiling than contemporary US designs. Initial work started with fitting a thinner-section wing to a Javelin fuselage but as the project developed the changes became so great that it would effectively have been a different aircraft albeit having an outward resemblance to the Javelin. The final incarnation of the thin-wing Javelin just before cancellation was a large aircraft carrying two Red Dean all-aspect missiles as a possible contender for Operational Requirement F.155.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Javelin

Interesting! But before thinking about the what if Javelins I'ld like to finish the "real" ones ...

So the FAW. 7 is in take off  and I hope that all early marks will be portrayed.

My best wishes are for T.3!!!!

And I have to say that I'm not so interested in what ifs.

Anyway the "King of what ifs" is looking at the Javs so I think he will do some wonderful what ifs too. Far better than mine.

Thank You all that downloaded and liked these Javelins.

Ettore and I started many times and suspended this project in last years.

Now I'm very happy to finish it up and show who realy is our friend VELTRO2k: a great 3D artist.

:biggrin:

• Like 2

Very nice work Paulo (and of course Veltro)! :good:

Uh FAW.7 will we get this skin too???

gloster-javelin-mk.7-xh754-conversion-an

Somehow the Javelin causes cts from time to time. Not sure why. Anyone got the same problems?