Sign in to follow this  
streakeagle

Bf109K4, the uber plane!

When I first got DCS P-51D, the only viable AI opponent available was another P-51D. It took me awhile to figure out how to manage my energy as well or better as the AI and consistently win. The arrival of the Fw190D9 created a whole new challenge. DCS AI loves to fight in the vertical and can hang on a prop easier and possibly better than a human player. So, I had to improve my vertical game even more to beat the Fw190D9 while the P-51D owned the horizontal game if the AI could be pushed in that direction.

Now enter the Bf109K4. Equals or betters the P-51D in the horizontal and stomps it beyond all recognition in the vertical. I don't know if any amount of practice will ever allow me to beat the Excellent AI at 1vs1. I know the AI's weakness: rolling scissors. But the 109 keeps booming and zooming even after I win a scissors angle fight. It is funny, I can beat an F-15 with a MiG-21, but I can't get a Bf109 with a P-51.

Interesting...how about doing a screenshot-laden mission report for the guys, Cadillac of the Skies -vs- Augsburg Eagle? Would be cool by the sound of it.

A cool crossing shot -- short burst = flaming dead Bf109K4 :)

• Like 2

Nice vid!