Sign in to follow this  
manitouguy

help me fix my aviatiks please!?!

hi all,

been quite some time since i have flown fe2 but now back at it

my favorite planes were the aviatik d1s ... i had downloaded and enjoyed the first versions and then downloaded the 'flik' versions

i tried to add a new nation (something to do with adjusting an ini file if i recall) but ever since when i chose one of those planes to fly and game starts, the plane does not show up or is invisible

clearly i have gibbled something and need to correct it?

can anyone suggest where i might start to do so?

i am thinking first i start by removing anything related to the aviatiks from my various fe2 folders???

regards, Ron

Sounds like something is named incorrectly. Make sure in the Objects/ Aircraft/ folder that the Aviatik D.I folder is named correctly and then check that the names inside the folder are correct as well. Such as the .LOD and skin names. Check inside the Config.INI file. Makes sure all statements are spelled right.

There were 3 different versions of the Aviatik, they are not interchangeable. It sounds like you may have gotten them mixed up.

If the plane does not show up in the list on the Single Mission screen, then the name on the ini files does not match the name on the folder, or one of the data files is missing or does not match the file listed in the ini file.

If the plane does show up but is invisible in the game, then there is a problem with the LODs - either the names don't match or one of them is missing. Renaming the LODs will not fix the problem.

The three versions are - AviatikD1_185, AviatikD1, and AviatikD1_Early - Each has 4 LODs, a different data file, and a different cockpit.

All the skins will still work with all the planes, but they may be misaligned if they'e on the wrong plane.

You may need to delete all of them and download clean versions of the planes.

Edited by Stephen1918

thanks very much for the direction guys - i will take another look tonight

i have the downloads and did try and replace them last night but that didn't seem to work

i believe the planes were showing up in the list (can it only show a max of 14 planes or so, or will it scroll through more if i have more installed)?

i was putting all these files in the saved games (or as i call it 'mods' folders) - is that correct, i think so?

we'll get it sorted :)

regards, Ron

excellent guys!  thanks for the directions - all 3 variants now flying :) one was misnamed and two were missing a bunch of the lod files ... somehow i really gibbled that up!

now i have to go try and load up all the awesome skins from quacks packages  and apply steven's patches too ... hope i don't mess things up again!!

ok, it took me a while ... but i think i nearly have all my aviatiks sorted now

such beautiful work guys! thanks!

on the 'early' with wing mount gun, i cannot get the gun to fire with my 'fire main weapon' button?

any idea what i might need to fix?

cheers, Ron

The machine gun for the 185hp Aviatik is a new gun and needs to be added to the Weapons data. FE1 and FE2 use different install procedures. I included instructions for both in the download. Make sure you followed the instructions for the correct version.