:biggrin:

I finally managed to download 3 patches.

They are:

1. sf2_exp1_update-jun2010.zip

2. SF2_update_Mar2012 .zip

and

3. SF2_update_Mar2012_Hotfix.zip

I am assuming, after the little I have read so far in forum posts and in some download descriptions, that  #1 is the  SP1 patch, #2 is the SP2 patch, and #3 is a fix to be applied to #2 (and last) after 1 and 2 have been applied--in this order: 1, 2,3.

I have a merged install which includes:

Strike Fighters 2

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam

Strike Fighters 2 Europe

Strike Fighters 2 Israel

I have made a backup of the game folder, at my C:\Program Files\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2, and also of my Saved Games folder, which is at : C:\Users\TANIA\Saved Games ad made copies of these 2 folders in another spot of drive C. The main game folder [strike Fighters 2] is 3.32 gb in size and the Saved Games folder is 280 mb. These backups are, to be exact, at my C:\Strike Fighters 2 and at C:\Saved Games.

Do I run the updates in the order set out above or what do you advise?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give,

Nick

PS: The attached painting is a Royal Navy WWII light cruiser off the coast of Crete in 1941, before the island fell to the Germans,--a watercolor I painted long ago. Sunlight is a key factor here, as Greek waters are full of it....It may be a destroyer also, now that I am having another closer look --the watercolor has been framed and I know I have pencilled the name of the ship on the back of the watercolor but that has to be unframed if I want to read it--one of the things I must do soon, unframe it, rea the name and note it, and reframe it again...

post-79380-0-47262000-1418166410_thumb.jpg

Edited by tselepides
  • Like 1

When did you download the four SF2 titles you have? If you downloaded them from the ThirdWire website after July 2013 then your install is already up to date.

Edited by KJakker

Before you install the patches please can you run the game and let us know what date is says in the bottom right corner of the menu screen.

he beat me to it. if you d/l'd before then, you only need to get the july 13 patch

Indeed, as all have said before me, if they are recent downloads (like in the last 14 months!), they are already at the July 2013 patch level.

But, to be safe, start the game(s) and check the date in the lower right corner.

--

nice painting! Looks like a DD to me, just by the gun mounts

Thanks for your replies.

All of the merged titles below are dated October 2009--lower right-hand corner.

Strike Fighters 2

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam

Strike Fighters 2 Europe

Strike Fighters 2 Israel

So what patch(es) do I run?

I had bought the games from a shop downtown in Athens--around that time or a little later.

Nick

and very interesting on bought at a shop as i thought SF2 was only available online...

very true FRP. however........ i dont know how Greece is but when i was stationed in Germany you could get many things on the side at teh Czech Border. Heard things about roadside shops at the Polish border too but never went there myself

general point is it may be a functional copy of SF2 series,  but Theodoros got the money rather than TK.

and downloading the July 13 patch should work. :biggrin:

The installer does moan if it needs to be at a certain version - might actually need quite a few patches if starting 2009