Sign in to follow this  
hawker111

Modifying Cockpits -- increasing the amount of polygon points

I have never attempted to modify cockpits before, but I have been thinking about it.

What I would like to do is increase the amount of polygon points for the canopy frames so that they are very smooth. The frames on the stock cockpits look slightly jagged.

Would this be something that is very tedious and time consuming to do?

Thanks a lot,

Hawker111

So the stock cockpits can't be modified, because you would need the source file . . .

Has anyone created new F-4 Phantom cockpits to the simulator? If so, how do they compare to the stock F-4 cockpits?

Most of the modelers no longer create models (including cockpits) for the SF1 series.  They focus instead on SF2, because SF2 features better avionics, bump-mapping, and specular-mapping.   The avionics alone are reason enough to move on up to SF2. xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

And unfortunately, there is no dedicated SR-71 'pit available, at all.

All stock models like planes, vehicles, ships, cockpits cant be modified. You only can repaint them.

Fubar,

Is it possible to modify the stock cockpits in SF2?

Thanks,

Hawker111

No, only the developer can modify them, as one needs access to the source (MAX) files, which only he has.  But, new cockpits can be created using 3Dmax 2009 and the Thirdwire exporter....assuming one has the funds to purchase that bit of software, as well as the talent to use it.

Edited by Fubar512

No, as Blackbird, Gepard, and myself have indicated before, one needs the source (MAX) file.  The source file is what is used to create the LOD file, and is the sole property of the game developer, TK.  The source file is obviously not included in any of his games, and TK has even gone to the extreme of locking the LOD files into a fairly inaccessible catalog file in the SF2 series to discourage piracy.