I have 4 versions of the game, SF2, SF Europe, SF Vietnam, SF Israel--all dated Sept 2009.

I have made joystick mappings for each one.

Where are those mappings saved in the merged install I have of the 4?

I would like to save them for possible later installs, if possible, so I do not have to redo the mappings.

Let me know if you know the answer please.

Nick

Yes, as every aircraft and every terrain is now available from within any title.  In other words, if you start up  SF2, you'll find that you now have access to the SF2 IrsaelME terrain and plane set, as well as the VietnamSEA terrain  plane set, (etc.), from within that one title.

Fubar,

I know all that and used it to assign some commands to my joystick buttons.

I meant to see if there is a folder somewhere (when the game is not runnning) where one can find a text or a cfg file where the key mappings I have set earlier are written out for the game to see and apply to my stick when it started,  

I looked in the game folder on my drive and I the saved folders in xxx\users\.. and did not find anything.

Nick

C:/Users /your account name/Saved Games/Thirdwire/SF2x/Controls/Default.ini

You can copy & paste said Default ini into the other /Controls folder of the other 3 mods folders, and have the same set up for all. I've been doing it that way forever!

Thanks for your help, Fubar and Wrench.

I now think I will copy that file to all 4 installs and save me a lot of trouble.

Will tell you if it worked,

Nick

It will work.......you can also have multiple versions of your controls in any install, just make a copy and rename it. When you go into the options/ controls within the game you can choose which profile ( controls) to load

I always leave a default.ini untouched as back-up and make my changes to the renamed ini's

Edited by Romflyer

Thanks to all. Copying the same file to all 4 installs worked like a charm.

Romflyer--I might try your idea when I get more familiar with SF intimacies.

Nick