Sign in to follow this  
ironroad

Probably one of the best Solutions I have found for Mounting

When it comes to us flight and space simmers we have been pretty much left out in the cold the last decade or so.

Most companies have gone the console or racing sim/game route when it comes to accessories.

Came across this because for over two years I have been looking for an alternative to the now defunct Joylock Clamp system.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/151681/joystick-or-hotas-desk-mounting-hardware

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/shifter-accessories/clubsport-shifter-table-clamp-us.html

TableClamp_04-228x228.jpg

29.95 USD, not sure how much they charge for shipping, but looks like it holds some promise.

The L-bracket is 21.95.

http://www.altrider.com/rotopax-l-bracket/pid/398and sold by a different company.

Before I got my current desk, the Ikea Fredde, I used of metal braces and L-shaped brackets to make a mount for my X65 HOTAS system.

The brackets worked; but the system was fixed, the corners were sharp and dangerous, and it required drilling into the desk to mount it.

Not sure what the shipping would be for the above clamps and for those in North America/The Americas, I believe these objects ship from Europe or the UK (not sure).

More information and examples of use can be found on the Roberts Space Industries form (link above).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AxtonJT
      Greetings everyone. I've returned back to Strike Fighters 2 after having decided to purchase a Hotas, so I can fly in this game properly, however it seems the Hotas I've purchased is not that great. And by that I mean the software used is kind of ... crap. I've purchased the Thrustmaster t16000m, pretty solid Hotas, but the TARGET software is just terrible. I didn't know that, otherwise I could have avoided purchasing this device, but now I have it and I cannot return it back unfortunately.

By navigating the config file included in this site, I've found the TARGET profile for T.16000M joystick and TWCS Throttle to use with SF2 series 1.0, so I've said "cool, a config is ready to be used for my Hotas", but what seemed to be an easy solution it became a very frustrating experience, and I am not sure if the script that is broken or instead is TARGET (which I suspect it is, considering the amount of complains on internet). When I plug both my Hotas and TWCS on the USB, everything works smoothly, both the USB ports are set not to be disabled for power management purposes, but when I start TARGET and loading the above mentioned script, after a while I've got the device disconnected. Also it seems to be a very random issue, because sometimes the Hotas disconnects, or sometimes the TWCS disconnects, or sometimes even both disconnects.

Here is the error from TARGET:
      Physical USB HID devices managed by script! Currently plugged USB HID devices[2]: 1: "T.16000M Joystick" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B10A&REV_0500" 2: "TWCS Throttle" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B687&REV_0110" Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_B10A. Please Wait...Done! USB HID device "T.16000M Joystick"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B10A\6&304D54F2&0&13) selected USB HID device "TWCS Throttle"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B687\6&304D54F2&0&12) selected USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0405" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0406" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0407" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0408" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_040A" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_040B" cannot be found USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0409" cannot be found Virtual HID devices managed by script! Connecting virtual joystick...Done Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined Connecting virtual keyboard...Done Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done main returned 0 Error: One of the selected USB devices (0) has been unplugged. Aborting script! Aborting script (check output above for reason)... Script stopped! Have you ever had any issue with TARGET? A similar situation as the above one? I've read that is better to use an alternative to TARGET, such as Joystick Gremlin for instance, but I am not able to find any Strike Fighter 2 profile for that specific software so I am not sure how to make it works.
      Somebody can help me with this issue? Thanks
    • By wasteboy
      I have a problem I think is different from others described. I recently got a new Dell Alienware laptop described below. Because the SF2 files I moved from my old computer did not work on the new one I just purchased direct from Thirdwire, downloaded and installed the SF-2 Complete ($99.99).
      The game when running does not recognize input from either the keyboard or the joystick.
      When I start in Options and go to Controls it lets me input changes to the joystick to use the slider for rudder control and the throttle lever for throttle control. So it recognizes input from the joystick and keyboard there. However, when I go to fly in a game either "Instant Action" or  "Single Mission" it opens in the air or on the runway but does not respond to either the keyboard or joystick. That includes ESC - the only way I can get out is to employ Task Manager and end the task.
      I know the joystick works because it does in both DCS and Microsoft Flight Simulator. So the computer should likewise be adequate. The game continues to work fine on the previous computer - it's specs are listed below also.
      I have tried several total uninstalls and reinstalls, shut downs and restarts etc. and everything I have found on this forum but nothing works so far.
      What can I do?????
      The computer specifics are:
      Dell/Alienware Alienware x17 R2
      Windows 11 Home 64 bit
      Disk drive: NVMe PC SN810 NVME WDC1024GB
      Processor: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H   2.50 GHz
      Ram: 16.384GB (15.7 GB usable)
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU
      Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X
      The previous computer: 
      Dell Inspiron G3 3579
      Windows 11 Home version 22H2
      Intel i7-8750H CPU@ 2.20Ghz
      16.0 GB RAM
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • By Thunderone
      Hi,
      I have been playing Strike Fighters 2 since past few years using a Keyboard. But I recently borrowed a HOTAS from a friend who wasn't using it anymore. After installing the latest driver in my PC, the HOTAS identified by the game as well (Strike Fighters 2 full package, updated till March 2012). However, I am confused when it comes to setting up the controls. The buttons on the HOTAS are very well functioning (after adding via SF2 Key Mapping menu), but the game is not recieving any input from Throttle and Stick at all. Both systems are fine, no issues as Logitech Software also acknowledges the throttle and stick movement. 
       So can somebody please help me out in fixing this issue? 
      Thank You
    • By Flanagan
      I would know if someone have tried this stick. Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..