Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

Fortification Objects

Fortification Objects

This pack contains a wide selection of fortifications. Some of them, like the Austrian Fort, are enormous and are WW1-specific, but there is also a selection of WW2 Atlantic Wall fortifications, so modders can construct defenses for most any period. The fortifications constructed from concrete, masonry, etc have damage models but the simple trenches have no damage models. I was unable to convincingly design a damage model that replaced one pile of dirt for another. :biggrin:

There are six straight trench sections for each major WW1 power, with an appropriate machine gun - Lewis (British), Maxim (German, Russian), French (Hotchkiss), etc. Hopefully, modders can deploy existing figures behind the straight trench walls. For grins and giggles, there is also a zig-zag trench section that more-or-less matches the trench sections of a 1024 FE terrain tile. The straight trench sections are generic enough to also be used in most any other period, even VietNam.

None of the guns work, they are simply stage props. But if someone wants to massage files to make the guns operable, contact me and we will discuss the job.

My thanks to the map makers - Quack74, gterl, Steven1918, Wrench - for their inputs. If I've forgotten anyone, my apologies - contact me and I'll add your name.

Enjoy.

Rev1: Fixed the missing art for Fort-12 - thanks to KJakker for spotting that. Also renamed the multiple Fort-4 LODs for correct right/left orientation.

• Like 1

I just noticed a mistake I made in the LOD names.  Fort-4, an artillery battery, comes in a right hand and left hand version, so the map maker can fit the battery to his terrain.  Unfortunately, I have the right and left LOD names transposed.  :blink:

Fort-4L(eft) is actually the right hand fort, and vice verse.

Nice objects, thanks a lot Geezer!

Now the experts have to work out how to include them.

Nice objects, thanks a lot Geezer!

Now the experts have to work out how to include them.

Yep, it will be interesting to see what they do.  Some of the objects were requested by the map guys, so I'm sure they have plans for them. :biggrin:

The "Fort-12.LOD" does not have the "Fort-12.bmp" texture properly assigned.  

The "Fort-12.LOD" does not have the "Fort-12.bmp" texture properly assigned.  

Thanks for the info.  I'll look into it and post an update tomorrow.

Just uploaded an update that fixes the Fort-4 right/left orientation problem, and attaches the art to Fort-12 LODs.  Now, its back to making some industrial objects for the map guys (see below) and finishing the Halberstadt D5.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

Thousand thanks Geezer! Very beautiful mod!!!

Geezer,

I'm a dinosaur as I work with SFP1. I just wanted to say I think your work on these ground objects is excellent.

Krfrge

Thanks.  Personally, I can't wait to see what the FE map guys do with this stuff - they requested most of it. 

Got more in the pipeline: industrial objects, harbor objects, and town/city objects - all European.  Eventually, I would like to make some Mediterranean/desert equivalents - probably later next year.  Given enough time, I may even make some Asian equivalents for PTO and Viet Nam.

Test shot below gives you an idea of what might be possible when combining harbor and town/city objects.

Edited by Geezer

Shot below shows how existing and future objects can be combined for most any time period.

Geezer,

Really nice work on these terrain objects.

Krfrge

• Like 1